Advanced Manufacturing Technician - 1st Shift
Eaton’s Lighting Division is currently seeking an Advanced Manufacturing Technician on 1st Shift. This position is based at our Peachtree City, GA facility.
The Advanced Manufacturing Assembly Technician performs technical tasks related to the fabrication of jigs & fixtures as well as wiring/assembly of new production lines & testers utilizing machine shop equipment and laboratory equipment and instruments. This position is expected to perform in a dynamic, safe, collaborative environment with cross-functional teams and engineers. The position reports to the Manager of Advanced Manufacturing & Test. As an integral member of the core team the role will have the unique opportunity to help shape the future of Eaton’s efforts in Connected Lighting.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will assemble test equipment, manufacturing cells, & robotic cells including both mechanical and electrical work.
- You will complete safe setup, operation, & utilization of Model Shop equipment and processes for jig and fixture fabrication.
- You will support manufacturing pilot runs and continuous improvement of processes and equipment.
- You will provide feedback & suggestions to improve assembly cells.
- You will document mechanical/electrical schematics & bill of materials
- You will document manufacturing visual work instructions for new lines.
- You will document & perform preventive maintenance on equipment as required.
- You will kit parts for cell assembly and verify parts and components are available
- You will support pack up & transfer of new lines or equipment to production plants.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
A minimum of 1 year of experience in an Electrical OR Mechanical Assembly role
Must have a high school diploma or GED from an accredited institution
Must be legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship on an ongoing basis
- No relocation provided. Candidates must reside within 50 miles of Peachtree City, GA to be considered
- Associate’s Degree in Electronics, Mechanical, or Computer Science OR Trade School Training OR Military Experience
- Previous experience in machine building, tester assembly, performing technical measurement using standard electronics laboratory equipment
- Minimum of 1 year experience work with Microsoft Office Suite; literate in Outlook, Word, Excel
- Software skills to include Mechanical/Electrical CAD, LabView programming
- Previous experience working with machine shop equipment & test measurement equipment
- Ability to troubleshoot and analyze basic electronics
- Experience with basic assembly of 80/20 cell structures
- Operating Model Shop equipment
- Wiring control panels
- Read, analyze, and interpret schematics, wiring diagrams, and circuits
- Read& analyze 3D models/2D prints to operate machine shop equipment
- Quality oriented
- Ability to work proactively as a member of a team
- Software skills to include Microsoft Office
- Ability to work flexible hours & overtime as needed
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Read, write, and communicate effectively
- Strong interpersonal skills in areas of verbal and written communications
- Strong work ethic, flexibility, and a desire to actively contribute to the group’s success
- Must be able to stand/walk for 8 hours per day
- Must be able to work overtime, including weekends
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG LD Lighting Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No