Sr. Human Resources Generalist
Eaton’s Electrical – Power Reliability Division s division is currently seeking a Sr. Human Resources Generalist to join our team. This position is based at our Greenwood, SC facility.
Plan, develop, and administer a variety of major human resources management programs for the site including employment, wage and salary administration, employee communications, employee training and staff development, benefits and other related human resources activities; coordinate and monitor activities to ensure compliance of programs with all applicable state and federal laws, regulations and guidelines as well as conforming with Eaton corporate human resources management policies and procedures.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will provide advanced coaching, consulting and facilitation skills to influence behavior and business decisions consistent with Eaton Values.
- You will foster a culture where ownership of health and safety is embraced by all employees. Utilize MESH to ensure compliance with state/federal safety requirements and drive a zero incident safety culture.
- You will assist in planning, developing and administering Training and Development programs using performance management tools, the employee survey and certification/standard.
- You will establish effective communications to keep employees informed of policies, procedures, and events. Design, implement, and maintain the site communications plan.
- You will lead the Community Involvement/Wellness Team. Engage, guide and direct all employee involvement in community events and wellness activities including the annual United Way campaign.
- You will drive employee engagement throughout the plant to include the development and execution of an annual plan for employee activities.
- You will maintain and administer the site’s promotional procedures, payroll and time & attendance processes.
- You will provide counsel and support to resolve interpersonal conflicts and employee relations issues.
- You will champion employee survey improvement activities through analysis of survey data and identification of key improvement opportunities, providing direct support to survey improvement teams as appropriate.
- You will lead talent acquisition and development activities and drive talent and the APEX for Manufacturing performance review processes to build organizational capability, supporting a high-performance culture in the plant.
- You will strategically deliver HR services, programs and initiatives aligned with the business strategy and Eaton Values.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university.
- Minimum of 2 years of human resources generalist experience.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Strong ethics, values, and the ability to influence and impact others’ decision making.
- Strong customer focus and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with positive employee relations and programs.
- Knowledge of HR compliance and legal issues.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Analytical skills.
- Coaching/Facilitation/Conflict Management skills.
- Master’s degree in human resources, labor relations or business administration from an accredited university.
- HR experience in a manufacturing environment strongly desired.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Human Resources
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PRD Power Reliability Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time