Eaton’s Aerospace Division is currently seeking a Senior Buyer to join our team.
This position is based at our Torrance, CA facility.
This individual will be part of the Commodity buying group for the site, Commodities may include: Electrical, IP, machine parts, raw materials and Sub-assemblies components as well as transitioning projects totaling a $7M annual spend. This person will have dual responsibility for executing the planning and control aspects resultant from the SAP MRP system.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will develop, and execute plans to exceed key supplier goals (OTD, Cost Out, DPPM)
- You will lead resourcing of $7M annual spend to optimize material cost out, and supplier performance, by leveraging BCC, and other domestic preferred suppliers.
- You will analyze specifications to recommend sourcing in make/buy decisions & cost-price considerations
- You will support supplier and plant quality relationship to ensure quality corrective actions are submitted in a timely fashion
- You will support Supplier Consolidation in alignment with Eaton preferred suppliers
- You will partner with Shared Services Team to ensure continuity to material flow in support of customer OTD, and inventory mitigation, by acting to RFQ triggers, and action (expedite, de-expedite, cancel) messages in real time.
- You will assist in the continued expansion of consignment initiatives, and support of supplier visualization portal that conveys real time materials requirements to supply base.
- You will partner with commodity managers, and regional sourcing managers to drive BCC transition plan, while mitigating disruption risk from existing footprint.
- You will conduct VAVE sessions to explore cost out opportunities, and lead execution of same.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required.
- Minimum 3 years’ work experience in Operations/Manufacturing in Supply Chain function
- Minimum 3 years of experience utilizing/troubleshooting MRP (SAP preferred)
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- 1 year of experience in procurement for a manufacturing company.
- 1 year of outsourcing, working with suppliers overseas
- 1 year of Aerospace experience
- Masters Degree
- CPSM certified
- CPIM certified
Position Success Criteria:
- Must be manufacturing oriented, team player, problem solver, and possess negotiation skills for handling hourly workers, engineering, and manufacturing supervisors
- Must exhibit a high degree of reliability, problem solving, resource planning and purchasing skills, scheduling, and leadership skills to ensure results.
- The incumbent receives numerous inquiries and must project confidence, courtesy, firmness, organization, and ability to analyze large amounts of data
- Strong communications and customer care skills when interacting with both internal and/or external customers
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong customer focus and interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Must be able to communicate effectively with a variety of different organizational levels
- Low volume, high mix environment experience
- Ability to travel up to 10% of time
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time