Lead Grid Automation Engineer
Eaton’s Electrical Automation Solutions, Electrical Sector- Americas has an opening for a Lead Grid Automation Engineer to join our team. This position will be located in Montreal, Quebec.
The Lead Grid Automation Engineer will lead the design and development of new solutions and projects for the automation and energy market. This role own a development project from initial concept through to a proven solution that is ready to be shared with customers. You will lead and participate in requirements analysis and cost estimation, design reviews and other team development processes. As key aspect of this role is learning about emerging technologies, applying them to our products, and sharing the information with grid automation team members globally.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
About Energy Automation Solutions Division:
The Energy Automation Solutions division delivers intelligent energy solutions by combining power systems expertise with innovative technologies to help our customers generate, deliver, and manage energy safely, efficiently, and reliably. EAS provides a range of power delivery and reliability solutions that includes self-healing grid, communicating sensors, substation automation, system planning, advanced metering and demand response solutions designed to increase efficiency in support of grid modernization. The EAS business primarily serves global utility customers and in some markets commercial industrial, and renewable energy markets. With a spirit of innovation crossing decades, EAS is proud of its ground-breaking innovations through customer collaboration, long-standing commitment to investing in R&D, and its market recognized Yukon and CYME Software Platforms. The technical skills, innovative thinking and the tireless dedication of our employees around the world are Eaton's greatest resources.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
· Guide the development and generation of product requirements specification based on customer needs
· Complete and review appropriate technical documentation, for example documented analysis, tests instructions manual, etc.
· Develop test strategies and plans for both design validation and production test in accordance with industry standards and customer requirementsGuide the engineering activities for grid automation in core R&D team
· Employ appropriate tools for project management in order to define and follow-up project during developments
· Use simulation tools to design and review product integrity in order to facilitate rapid deployment.
· Investigate and review new components and technologies, and evaluate their appropriate use within our product lines
Required Qualifications :
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical or Power Engineering or Computer Science from an accredited institution.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working with complex and large projects in the energy industry, in project management and engineering (requirements, commissioning, prototyping).
- Fluency in English, French (working proficiency).
- Must be legally authorized to work in Canada without company sponsorship.
- Relocation is not being offered for this position. Candidates must reside within a 80km-radius of Montreal, Quebec.
Preferred Qualifications :
- Knowledge of communication protocol standard IEC 61850 and DNP3.
- Knowledge of Cybersecurity concepts.\
- Master Degree on a subject related to energy automation application from an accredited institution.
- 10 years’ experience working with complex and large projects in the energy industry, in project management and engineering (requirements, commissioning, prototyping).
- Member of Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification.
- Efficient and effective communication skills (verbal and typed)
- Strong analytical approach, detail oriented, and creative problem solving techniques
- Effective time management and project management skills
- Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize, and organize diversified workload
- Proven ability to achieve results in a fast-paced work environment
- Strong computer skills and high proficiency in Microsoft applications
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: EPG EAS Electrical Automation Solutions
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time