Lead Accounting Analyst
Eaton’s Distribution Services Team is currently seeking an Accounting Lead Analyst to join our team. This position is based at our Galesburg, Michigan facility.
The Lead Analyst is responsible for performing professional accounting work involving reporting and analysis of the Eaton Logistics Center to provide management with timely and accurate financial information that aids in decision-making.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
As the Lead Analyst you will:
Own all financial aspects of ELC.
Perform actuals, forecast and profit plan analysis and reporting including preparation of journal entries and account reconciliations
Interpret financial information for all levels of the organization
Establish and maintain internal controls to comply with corporate financial policies
Participate and/or lead special projects/process improvements to help drive efficiencies in the finance and materials organizations
Assist with audit requests from internal and external auditors
Develop management reports on actual and projected performance
Lead ELC annual physical inventory
Develop analysis for ad hoc requests
Performance metrics and cost our reporting
Establish strong relationships with materials and finance teams
Support regional materials organization initiative
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum three (3) years of professional accounting and/or finance experience
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without Corporate Sponsorship now or in the future
- No relocation is offered for this position. All candidates must currently reside within 50 miles of Galesburg, MI to be considered.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance from an accredited institution
- Experience in a manufacturing or distribution environment
- Working knowledge of US GAAP
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Excellent analytical thinking skills, with close attention to detail and a drive for results
- Oracle, SAP, and/or HFM experience
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH Vehicle Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time