Senior Facility Engineer
Eaton’s Crouse-Hinds division is currently seeking a Senior Facilities Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our Syracuse, NY facility.
The Senior Facilities Engineer is responsible for performing physical inspections and providing support for facilities projects. This position is accountable for establishing and sustaining effectual operation of all facility processes, energy management, cost reduction, fire protection, heating systems, compressed air and lighting systems. In this role, you will be responsible for, the design, management and implementation of both new and renovation construction projects. Technical knowledge and utilization of engineering principles and practices are required to effectively coordinate contractors, trades, equipment installations and material ordering, in order to achieve safe and efficient facility operations. This includes short and long-term profit planning and budgeting process as related to facility systems, energy projects and cost reduction.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will assist in identifying new equipment and manufacturing technologies and make recommendations regarding equipment, plant changes in manufacturing facilities, including plant layout.
- You will be responsible for all maintenance, energy, and security aspects of 904,000 square foot facility spanning across 44 different buildings on campus.
- You will direct plant layout and equipment installation to assure efficient work flow and planned expansions in accordance with division goals.
- You will analyze, budget, select and recommend purchase of new facility equipment including responsibility for technical expertise during implementation and start-up.
- You will assure that facility equipment and processes are operating in compliance with applicable local, state and federal safety and environmental regulations, including Division and Corporate policies and procedures.
- You will plan activities in conjunction with other department managers to avoid disruption of production schedules and activities.
- You will provide cost estimating of manufacturing methods and equipment
- You will maintains and monitor appropriate property systems to ensure buildings, roofs and property are properly protected and maintained, including fire protection, floors, roadways, fixed ladders, windows, HVAC, lighting, energy management system and project renovations.
- You will control activities like parking space allocation, waste disposal, building security etc.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in engineering, operations, or manufacturing
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Bachelor’s degree in facility operations, engineering or a technical discipline from an accredited institution
- Minimum 5 years of experience managing and supervising industrial facility/maintenance operations performed by diverse work groups, and must be versed in both the mechanical and electrical fields.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in facility planning, cost control, budgeting and capital equipment appropriations.
- Experience working in a unionized setting
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CHD EP Americas
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time