Eaton’s Lighting division is currently seeking a Senior Buyer to join our team. This position is based at our Aurora, CO facility.
responsible for managing the buying
and planning of materials supporting the manufacturing of lighting fixtures. In
this role you will be involved in extensive relationship management with
assigned vendors and manufacturers in addition to internal operations, customer
service, engineering, and new product program management.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
• You will participate and lead efforts within your area to ensure on time delivery, on time customer shipments, cost and inventory reduction goals
• You will prepare and process purchase orders using SAP
• You will work closely with engineering in sourcing unique materials and short supply materials
• You will hold vendors accountable and monitor outsourced tooling conditions and take actions to ensure no supply chain impacts.
• You will analyze forecasts to manage proper bin levels and blanket PO levels
• You will plan, coordinate, and monitor part supply to meet marketing forecast.
• You will assist in resolving vendor material shortages, backlogs, quality issues and any other potential schedule interruptions or delivery delays
• You will analyze and ensure plans are in place to address vendor capacity constraints against forecast and booked orders
• You will learn and use lean and six sigma problem solving experience to help the facility implement pull systems, kanbans, consigned and vendor managed inventory
• You will establish and monitor metrics that reflect customer satisfaction, lead time management, and other purchasing and plant metrics as required
• You will maintain and promote strong relationships with vendors, suppliers, finance, quality, engineering, sales, marketing, strategic sourcing and other internal customers
• You will monitor and follows PPV and is diligent in finding economical and cost effective component supply chain solutions.
• You will monitor and ensure vendor implementation of supply chain stocking agreements on a timely basis.
• You will develop and execute action on plans to eliminate or minimize risk from designated supply base
• You will identify and manage annual cost reduction, inventory reduction and supplier consolidation projects that meet the individual and facility goals.
• You will ensure new components go through a PPAP process and meet all requirements before production parts are ordered and received in the facility.
Eaton has announced its intent to spinoff its Lighting Business into publicly traded company (“SpinCo”). This transaction is expected to be completed by the end of 2019 and this position is expected to remain with SpinCo. The compensation and benefits that will initially be offered for this position are based on Eaton’s plans, programs and practices. The Lighting Business is in the process of developing its total rewards philosophy, strategy and structure, including the design of its benefits and annual and long-term incentive plans that will take effect when SpinCo becomes a publicly traded company. If you are offered and accept this position and are actively employed by the Lighting Business when SpinCo becomes an independent, publicly traded company, you will be eligible to participate in SpinCo’s compensation, health, welfare, and retirement benefit plans and programs and should have no expectations that SpinCo’s plans and programs will mirror or be substantially similar to Eaton’s.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
· Minimum of three years’ experience performing purchasing functions in a manufacturing environment.
· Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
· No relocation is offered for this position. Only candidates located within 50 miles of Aurora, CO will be considered for this position.
Preferred Qualifications: (Not required to be qualified for the role)
· Bachelor's degree in a supply chain management field from an accredited institution
· Experience with electrical components or mechanical (metals) components
· SAP experience preferred
· Desire CPIM and/or APICS certification
· Lean manufacturing experience preferred
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG LD Lighting Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No