Eaton’s Cooper Lighting located in Aurora, CO has an immediate opportunity for a Senior Buyer.
The Senior Buyer manages the buying and planning of materials supporting the manufacturing of lighting fixtures. This position involves extensive relationship management with assigned vendors and manufacturers in addition to internal operations, customer service, engineering, and new product program management.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & DIMENSIONS
List the specific functions, which must be performed in order to fulfill the purpose of your position as described above. Include references to dimensions if applicable, i.e. any record of measurable statistics which this position impacts; like income statements, forecasts, utilization, safety, EBE metrics, capital expenditures, headcount responsibilities, etc. #LI-JS1
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Participate and lead efforts within your area to ensure on time delivery, on time customer shipments, cost and inventory reduction goals
• Prepare and process purchase orders using SAP
• Work closely with engineering in sourcing unique materials and short supply materials
• Hold vendors accountable and monitor outsourced tooling conditions and take actions to ensure no supply chain impacts.
• Analyze forecasts to manage proper bin levels and blanket PO levels
• Plan, coordinate, and monitor part supply to meet marketing forecast.
• Assist in resolving vendor material shortages, backlogs, quality issues and any other potential schedule interruptions or delivery delays
• Analyze and ensure plans are in place to address vendor capacity constraints against forecast and booked orders
• Learn and use lean and six sigma problem solving experience to help the facility implement pull systems, kanbans, consigned and vendor managed inventory
• Establish and monitor metrics that reflect customer satisfaction, lead time management, and other purchasing and plant metrics as required
• Maintain and promote strong relationships with vendors, suppliers, finance, quality, engineering, sales, marketing, strategic sourcing and other internal customers
• Monitors and follows PPV and is diligent in finding economical and cost effective component supply chain solutions.
• Monitor and ensure vendor implementation of supply chain stocking agreements on a timely basis.
• Develop and execute action on plans to eliminate or minimize risk from designated supply base
• Identify and manage annual cost reduction, inventory reduction and supplier consolidation projects that meet the individual and facility goals.
• Ensure new components go through a PPAP process and meet all requirements before production parts are ordered and received in the facility.
Describe the hiring criteria you will utilize when evaluating the potential candidates. The candidate must possess the following skills and knowledge to successfully perform in this function:
-Ideal candidate has a good understanding of manufacturing processes.
-Comfortable with technology and has a strong working knowledge of MS office suite and ERP system(s)
-Must be able to observe, evaluate, summarize and communicate effectively.
-Must have an analytical and process-driven approach, with a high attention to detail.
-Capability in multi-tasking, including prioritization of work and management / organization of time.
-Superb influencing / negotiation skills and ability to influence for results without hierarchical authority -
-Strong managerial courage and ability to work through resistance and pushback to change.
-Requires excellent communication skills – both written and verbal.
-Strong drive for results is essential, with self-directed leadership, requiring minimal supervision & being proactive.
-Must possess high ethical standards.
-Must be comfortable working in a fast paced, changing environment.
-Must possess strong professional presence.
-Must be able to identify and implement process improvements.
State the qualifications that the potential applicants must possess to be considered in the selection process. This includes all required specialized knowledge. Ensure that the basic qualifications are non-comparative, objective and relevant.
• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution is required.
• Minimum of three years’ experience performing purchasing functions in a manufacturing environment.
• Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
• Please note that relocation benefits are not provided for this role. We are only able to consider candidates local to the Denver area.
List those qualifications that are not basic, including specialized knowledge (e.g., technical, scientific, administrative) which are preferred and would be highly valued if possessed on top of the basic qualifications.
• Bachelor's degree in a supply chain management field from an accredited institution
• Experience with electrical components or mechanical (metals) components
• SAP experience preferred
• Desire CPIM and/or APICS certification
• Lean manufacturing experience preferred
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG LD Lighting Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No