Senior Power Supply Design Engineer
- A good working knowledge and proficiency in computer simulation and modeling software (stress, thermal, circuit analysis, etc.)
- Experience with high density, highly efficient and high power design technology
- Background in, Mil Stds 461, 704 etc,, DO-160 stds UL compliance requirements are preferred
- Background and experience in control loop, magnetics design, EMI and safety rules and regulations.
- Project management knowledge and experience is a plus
- Good verbal and written communication is required.
- Experience and familiarity with various Power Conversion topologies including resonant and soft switching topologies
- Subject matter expert for DC/AC, DC/DC and AC/DC Power Supplies design and development.
- MSEE is a plus
- Willing to travel up to 20%.
Position Success Criteria:
• Understands the needs of other functional areas and provides cooperation
to benefit overall engineering and business goals.
• Builds and leverages key relationship across various business
units/function Experience in PCAD and Altium/ Cadence
• Drives the use of tools such as DFMEA, DFT and DFM design techniques to
ensure development of robust design specifications, design guidelines, model
and drawing detailing, design validation plans that produce reliable and
sound design solutions.
• Work with commercial and product management teams to generate technical
proposal, pricing and overall solutions to meet customer’s RFQs and
• Contributes to strategic direction and advancement of current product technology
and development of new technology and product feature sets, to drive value
propositions that command a premium for the associated products.
• Must be capable of writing technical documents such as test procedures,
test reports, and patent disclosures, technical proposals
• Must be team oriented, with excellent interpersonal skills and effective communication.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time