R&D Software Engineer (test)
Would you like to make a difference to the environment? Do you want to work for a global and ethical company? Join us and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that make a real impact. We make what matters work. To find out more about us check: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
Location: Arendal, Norway
Our site in Arendal employs around 85 people. Our product portfolio covers a range of products supporting Eaton’s CCTV business.
As a R&D Software Engineer (test) you will be involved with teams and projects outside the Arendal location to assist in building software coding solutions into our current and future HAC (Hazardous Area Communication) product portfolio on the CCTV ranges. You will be involved in testing new software, program automatic tests for software, including unit and integration testing. You will also be primary responsible for the SpiraTest, Jira and other internal test tools.
Your main duties:
• Managing test projects in the HAC SW product lines
• Responsible for Jira and SpiraTest
• Develop required tests for software written at HERNIS
• Design and develop tests for new software products in accordance with approved design documentation
• Produce, and is responsible for, the development of documentation according to the company’s procedures
• Test execution and debugging of failed tests
• Provide technical support internally and externally and assists with technical solutions
• Depending on the candidate you can also be doing functional management for test teams outside Arendal
What we are looking for:
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science.
• Experience with the use of automatic test systems, Visual Studio, ASP.Net and C# is desired.
• Must have a good command of oral and written English as you will be working with international teams. Good skills in Norwegian is a bonus
• Relevant year of experience is preferred, but we will also evaluate fresh out of university candidates.
• Experience with working in international teams with remote locations is an advantage. This can be through previous work experience or through University assignments.
What we offer:
• Learning & Development - We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University
• Wellness - Wellness at Eaton is more than a program, it’s about changing the environment by offering
• At Eaton, promoting gender equality is central to our vision of creating a truly diverse and inclusive business where everyone matters, and everyone belongs.
• We’re proud to have strong governance for inclusion and diversity. With 50% diversity on our Board of Directors and more than 4,000 Eaton leaders attending Inclusion & Diversity training courses, we’re firmly committed to setting guidance, targets and activities that foster greater inclusion and diversity everywhere we do business.
Eaton is a power management company with 2018 sales of $21.6 billion. We provide energy efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 99,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries.
Candidate applying to the vacancy may be subject of the background screening
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: EPG CHD HAC Hazardous Area Communications
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time