UC Contact Center Support Specialist
Join Eaton’s Information Technology team and help positively impact our business through leading technologies, exciting and challenging enterprise projects and new platforms. We are currently seeking a UC Contact Center Support Specialist for our Infrastructure Center of Excellence (INFCOE) team. The position will identify operational support trends and make recommendations for improvement to the overall system design and support model while expected to work closely with management team. The position must interface globally to support unified communications solutions in follow-the-sun support model. The position requires a highly technical professional who will be part of Global UC Contact Center support organization to provide technical support and guidance to our internal customers. This position is also responsible for providing inputs to design standards and leads the team through critical issue resolutions and training. It is based at our Eaton Center in Beachwood, Ohio. No relocation is being offered for this position. If the candidate resides within 50 miles of Beachwood, Ohio, the candidate must work at that site. If the candidate resides more than 50 miles away from Beachwood, Ohio, the candidate will work remote from another US Eaton Facility or an approved home office.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours. In this role as an UR Contact Center Support Specialist:
- You will consistently utilize key ITIL processes to solve complex cross platform infrastructure issues with in-depth troubleshooting approach and provide most feasible options and recommend best solutions to specified problem including RCA.
- You will serve as a consultative resource for technologies while participating in POC along with Engineering team and vendor and make the team aware about potential new technology pipelines.
- You will perform integration activities related to cloud, business acquisitions and divestitures as needed.
- You will work with cross-functional resources to ensure solid solution designs that satisfy business objectives while develops and promotes technology standards.
- You will drive projects with a broad scope of deployment, including sector and/or region following project management methodology and tools and negotiate vendor contracts (SOW), agreements and RFP.
- You will participate in design review and ensures business requirements and standards are met and any design risks are highlighted. Also drives decisions and deliverables within team.
- You will provide mentorship to members across the organization and conduct technical and process trainings for cross functional teams.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution is required.
- Minimum 5 years of IT Support experience in Cisco Contact Center (UCCE).
- Minimum 2 years of IT Support experience in Cisco IP Telephony (VOIP).
- Minimum 5 years of hand-on work experience on Cisco Unified Contact Center Enterprise (UCCE) and associated applications.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee
- Hands-on Scripting knowledge on ICM, CVP (CVP Call Studio)
- Hands-on expertise on CUIC Reporting (Customization & New Reports)
- Experience with 3rd Party Integrations (CRM, Call/Screen recording, Chat & Email etc.)
- Knowledge of Cisco Call Manager Cluster (CUCM) in a multi-cluster environment including Unity Connection (Call Handler) and Jabber.
- Hands-on experience on Cisco voice Gateways (including VXML Gateways)
- Extensive knowledge of SIP, SCCP, H.323 and MGCP protocols
- Strong knowledge of Cisco Prime collaborations.
- Experience of multi-PBX hybrid voice cloud environment (Hosted Contact Centers).
- Knowledge of Server and Networking principles pertaining to enterprise environment including VM, UCS, Backup, Storage, Load Balancing, Monitoring Tools etc.
- Understanding on different PBX Systems including Avaya is preferred.
- Knowledge of Cisco Contact Center Express (UCCX) preferred.
- Knowledge of Avaya Contact Center preferred.
- Knowledge of 3rd Party application integration on UCCX platform preferred.
- Cisco CCIE Certifications a plus.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Information Technology
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time