Senior Financial Analyst
Eaton Corporation has an opening for a Senior Financial Analyst within the Power Quality Division. This position is based at our Raleigh, NC location.
Position Overview :
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours. As a Financial Analyst:
You will support the monthly closing & rolling forecast processes and provides high quality, timely, and accurate information for the leadership team and supporting functions.
You will perform analysis/reconciliations of balance sheet and miscellaneous P&L accounts on a monthly basis. Reviews and resolves variances. Prepares monthly Balance Sheet analysis and leads review with management.
You will be responsible for the tracking, recording and analyzing of product costs. Maintains internal control on Inventory ensuring reliable financial reporting.
You will assist in the annual physical inventory and ensures the accuracy of inventory making adjustments and performing analysis as needed.
You will perform reporting requirements related to the Operations Balance Scorecard and distribution of results.
You will provide support in gathering, analyzing and consolidating the annual profit plan and strategic plan while serving as a liaison between the budget owners and finance.
You will analyze operational and financial data, investigate variances, identify business drivers, and evaluate their impact on planned objectives. Prepare meaningful variance analysis commentary for management.
You will support ongoing initiatives by demonstrating individual accountability, continuous process improvement and teamwork.
You will assist with the recommendation, development, and implementation of process improvements in support of department goals.
You will serve as financial business partner to budget owners in monthly forecasting, financial reporting & analysis, and annual development of detailed department budgets.
You will foster an environment that promotes Eaton’s goals, philosophies, and encourages continuous improvement.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited educational institution in Finance or Accounting
- 3 years professional work experience in Finance function
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Previous experience in systems including SAP or Oracle
- Two years of experience working in a manufacturing environment and/or two years of experience performing cost accounting/financial analysis
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical skills; intellectual rigor and curiosity; problem-solving capability
- High customer focus, should be able to gauge the needs of a variety of internal customers and adapt delivery style or level of detail as appropriate
- Attention to detail, personally committed to work quality and able to learn from mistakes
- Intermediate to expert level proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to operate with high regard to integrity, trust, and confidentiality
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize numerous time critical tasks, assignments
- Ability to think strategically in a constantly changing business environment and market
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PQD Power Quality Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only