Eaton’s Electrical Lighting Division is currently seeking a Manufacturing Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our Vicksburg, MS facility.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will interface directly with all levels of manufacturing and product engineering, and be responsible for process improvements and controls, machine capacity/capability studies, equipment selection and qualification, and adherence to company procedures and quality standards.
- You will troubleshoot and resolve manufacturing equipment issues and write engineering documents to support changes.
- You will assist in design, maintenance and interpretation of meaningful and accurate performance measurement systems to increase production efficiency and cost effectiveness.
- You will design, procure, and implement fabrication, fixture and manufacturing equipment. Direct the procurement of specialized tools, fixtures and gauges by evaluating design concepts, initiating tool orders, and justifying expenditures. Support tooling, setup & related production requirements.
- You will identify and meet the need for application of lean manufacturing/continuous improvement methods, including development and execution of productive maintenance and corrective and preventative action plans & systems.
- You will enforce and implement safety policies and programs, meet operating budgets, complete continuous improvement plans, and coach employees on behavior/performance issues and initiate disciplinary actions if required.
- You will maintain a constant search for identifiable and measurable cost reductions through the utilization of technology applications, design modifications, and improved labor. Prepare cost estimates and justifications, as necessary.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Industrial Technology or graduating with a degree in Engineering or Industrial Technology by May 2019 from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in a manufacturing or operations environment (including co-op/internship experience).
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Experience with electrical schematics.
- Minimum 3 years of engineering experience.
- SAP business system experience.
- Lean/Six Sigma training and/or certifications.
Position Success Criteria:
- Ability to coordinate engineering projects and demonstrate engineering technical expertise to a team.
- Excellent communication skills and proficient engineering report writing skills.
- Must have the ability to function in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision, while performing multiple tasks.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Self-starter, able to work with minimal supervision.
- Strong time management skills.
- Able to handle multiple and conflicting priorities.
- Foundational knowledge of lean methodology and manufacturing processes.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG LD Lighting Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time