Eaton’s Power Quality division is currently seeking an Applications Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our Moon Township, PA facility.
The Applications Engineer is responsible for resolving issues coming into the group via phone or email such as Product design applications, delivery, pricing and related product line support. This position will support the Surge, Power Factor Capacitor and Power Conditioning product lines. The Position reports up through the Product Marketing organization within the Power Quality Operations-Americas
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You provide Pre-Sale and Post-Sale Technical Sales Support for various power quality products such as surge protection devices, electronic voltage regulator, sag ride through and LV/MV power factor correction products.
- You will provide product application and sales support for the surge protection and power conditioning product lines, including product installation, configuration, Startup assistance and warranty support.
- You will perform product specification reviews, prepares quotations, and pricing information, conducts competitive product analysis, and writes technical literature for internal and external use.
- You will provide post sales technical support to resolve product installation and warranty issues.
- You will research and prepare competitive cross references and application notes for the product lines supported.
- You will provide post-sales technical support to resolve product installation and warranty issues.
- You will provide technical explanations, demonstration and training of products to customers, field engineering, and marketing support functions.
- You will assist in-house engineering and marketing personal in developing concepts for new products or modification of existing devices and contribute to product launch requirements.
- You will assist during product seminars which could include up to 5% travel
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 3 months’ project, design or sales engineering experience (including internship experience)
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Knowledge of the principles, procedures, methods and techniques of engineering.
- Verbal and written communication skills, as well as presentation skills
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- Ability to solve problems on the fly
- Ability to make technical proposal presentations to customers and consulting engineers.
- Ability to understand and work with multiple sales channels
- 1 years’ project, design or sales engineering experience
- Excellence communication skills
- Experience working in the field of Electrical Engineering, Electrical Engineering Technology or sales and Marketing of Electrical products
- Experience in electrical installation methods, practices, and applicable local and national electrical codes.
- Experience in factory and field troubleshooting methods and equipment
- Experience as a Power Engineer with switchgear and distribution techniques, electrical power distribution and controls
- Knowledge of Product line support programs such as SAP, Vista, Bidman, Mentor and Box.
- Meter reading experience
- Electrical Engineering Degree who’s completed Power Engineer classes
- Experience working as an Electrical Power Systems Engineer, or an Application Engineer for Power distribution/quality equipment, or a Power Systems Field Technician, or working in Power Quality Sales
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PQD CPS Critical Power Solutions
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only