Environmental Health & Safety Technician
Eaton’s Electrical Power Group is currently seeking an Environmental Health & Safety Technician to join our team. This position is based at our Mississauga, Ontario facility and is located on 1st shift.
This position provides Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) support to the Mississauga Distribution Centre, enabling the site to meet established EHS targets and objectives. The incumbent will ensure EHS performance data is updated accordingly, Eaton and regulatory requirements are communicated, and EHS documentation is accurately retained.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will assist in implementation and maintenance of Eaton’s MESH Assessment criteria.
- You will manage ISO 14001 documentation.
- You will assist in the preparation and control of records, statistics, and reports regarding operations at multiple sites.
- You will manage the waste and sustainability programs.
- You will ensure industrial hygiene compliance and monitoring (annual audiometric testing).
- You will evaluate jobs for possible ergonomic improvements by updating/revising workstation risk assessments.
- You will actively investigate accidents and near misses, identifying room causes and ensuring corrective actions are implemented in a timely manner.
- You will coordinate all regulatory compliance programs with Eaton EHS safety elements (including, but not limited to: Racking Safety, Powered Industrial Trucks, Electrical Safety, WHMIS, Fall Protection, Machine Guarding, Contractor Safety).
- You will serve as Management Co-Chair on Joint Health & Safety Committee.
- You will maintain an up-to-date emergency response and business recovery plan.
- You will create and maintain training matrices to ensure all training is defined and tracked to completion.
- You will use EHS data process (MESH Prism) to manage injury, illness, environmental and sustainability metrics.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Must have college diploma or GED from an accredited institution related to EHS, Supply Chain Management or Human Resource.
- No relocation is being offered for this position. Call candidates must reside within 80km of Mississauga, Ontario facility.
- Must be legally authorized to work in Canada without company sponsorship.
- Previous work experience in a warehouse environment.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced/changing environment.
- Proficient analytical aptitude and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organization skill. Ability to facilitate teams/groups and work with all levels of the organization.
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Office and SAP.
- Effective time management and project management skills.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Accessibility policy: Eaton has in place accessibility policies for accommodating employees with disabilities. If you are selected for an interview and require accommodations, please let the recruiter or hiring manager know so that we can work to make reasonable adjustments that best suit your needs. Accessibility information may be found at: http://www.eatoncanada.ca/EatonCA/OurCompany/Accessibility/index.htm
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit Eaton.com. At Eaton we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently – if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you – then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information visit www. Eaton.com/careers.
Job: Environmental Health & Safety
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: EPG LD Lighting Division
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No