Manufacturing Project Manager
Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment. We make what matters work. Find out more on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
Do you want to work for a global player, where we care about ethics, inclusion and diversity and our people?
You will join our eMobility Division, which is currently experiencing huge growth following various recent major wins. eMobility designs and manufactures energy converters for the electrical vehicle market.
As a Project Manufacturing, you will plan and coordinate new product launch activities for New Product PROLaunch Programs culminating in profitable, reliable, and on time launches. This includes activities such as project timelines, cost estimating, capital planning, capacity planning, and strict adherence to PROLaunch guidelines to meet business objectives and to exceed customer expectations.
You will work within our Global Centre for Excellence for On Board Charger and Convertors in our Montrottier site near Lyon in France and will work in cross functional teams with people from areas such as R&D, test, manufacturing, Supply Chain and Quality.
Your key deliverables :
· Manage product planning between all stakeholders: Sales with Customer, Product Engineering, SCM and Montrottier plant.
· Responsibility for the flawless launch resides with this position.
· Responsible Capital and expense costs, timing as agreed with the customer
· Ensure new products are profitable and adequately engineered.
· Involved initially, ie before the quote, agreed with all stakeholders for feasibility and profitability.
· Ensure Plant Manufacturing Process is efficient, feasible, lean and profitable.
· Assure that Supply base fully supports the program launch, tooling management and cost. Ensure BOM cost, zero defect (quality) aligns with program profitability.
· Run efficient project reviews at all levels of the organization. Manage project communication in terms of both successes and opportunities for improvements.
· Ensure compliance with EHS regulations, relevant IATF & ISO.
Do you have / Are you?
· Mechanical engineer
· Strong programme / Project Management experience within the automotive sector
· Program completed on time (Engineering Run-off, Validation, PPAP and SOP)
· Program achieving budgeted startup expense, capital investment, and unit cost targets
· Strong in Manufacturing Engineering (electronic, automotive)
· Innovation Management; Intellectual Horsepower and Creativity, Interpersonal skills;
· English and French language fluency.
· Strong leadership, organizational and interpersonal skill
· Technical, and Quality background; Multi - Staff technical experience required;
· Good knowledge of Six Sigma / Black Belt / Green Belt preferred
· PROLanuch practical knowledge
· Experience in Project Management methodologies, process and tools
· Other skills as assigned in Skill Matrix.
Then we want to hear about you!
What Eaton offers:
· Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
· Excellent working environment – safety and ethic are really important for us
· Culture & Values – We are more than the products we invent and produce – the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are – both individually and as an organization – and direct our activities every day
· Inclusion & Diversity - Openness to diversity widens our access to the best talent. Inclusion allows us to engage that talent fully
· Learning & Development - We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University
Candidate applying to the vacancy will be subject of the background screening.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: VEH Vehicle Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time