Lead Human Resources Generalist
Eaton’s Vehicle Group has an immediate opening for a Lead Human Resources Generalist in Southfield, MI.
The primary function of this high performing business partner will be to support the Human Resources Managers in the implementation and deployment of Human Resources policies, programs and initiatives.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will support Human Resources Managers in deploying HR policies, programs and initiatives including but not limited to employment, compensation, labor relations, training, talent acquisition and development, work practices and employee selection to improve the organization capability within the Region.
- You will assist managers and employees of client groups in understanding and applying HR tools to improve organization performance and to drive culture.
- You will conduct, under the HRM supervision, investigations on employee relations matters.
- You will support daily employee related activities and processes to promote positive employee relations.
- You will conduct recruiting process including interviews and selection, insuring compliance with all regulatory guidelines, laws and goals set by the organization;
- You will collaborate with HR Services on all transactional HR matters.
- Ensure integrity in all HR systems with timely and accurate data entry and frequent audits.
- Responsible for running and creating reports, analyzing information and providing data for the Human Resources Managers.
- Supports division special projects
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution with a minimum of 4 years human resources experience required OR Master’s degree from an accredited institution with a minimum of 2 years of human resources experience required
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- MBA with HR focus or Masters of Human Resources preferred
- PHR/SPHR Certification
- Experience working for a manufacturing organization
- Responsible to support day-to-day personnel activities in accordance with legal, divisional and corporate guidelines for different client groups.
- Provides data and reports to the Human Resources Managers to monitor the performance of HR key indicators, HR programs and initiatives allowing a data-based decision making process.
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit Eaton.com. At Eaton we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently – if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you – then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information visit www. Eaton.com/careers.
Job: Human Resources
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH Vehicle Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time