Manager - MESH #066861
If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team - winning is fun.
We are looking forward to an Manager - MESH in Eaton’s Vehicle Group business, based in Pune,India.
In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals.
This exciting role is part of Eaton’s Vehicle Group business.
Your essential responsibilities:
- Ensure and support to sustain Zero accident culture (ZISC), Life Saving Rules (LSR), Execution of Management of Environmental, Safety and Health (MESH) in line with Eaton’s requirement.
- Develops short-term and long-term goals for EHS risk management at the plant align with Corporate, group and region.
- Maintains and monitors current information and plant compliance on government EHS regulations and corporate policy.
- Manages the hazardous waste compliance program.
- Manages the plant waste treatment systems.
- Responsible for the implementation and deployment of actions to ensure compliance with ISO 14001, Quality systems, OSHA regulations, and all Statutory regulations and Local laws as they apply to their areas of responsibility.
- Plans and implements training programs required EHS Management and statutory regulations. Conduct EHS –New Employee Orientation programme for new employees.
- Insures that appropriate air pollution permits, sewer ordinance requirements & permits are current and are compiled with.
- Prepares required reports, plans, and other government EHS filings and insures timely and accurate submission.
- Participates in planning and purchasing decisions regarding the potential EHS impact of new equipment, processes, and construction or renovation.
- Develops recommended EHS budgeting/PP inputs.
- Coordinates with Regional Manager -EHS.
- Develop, write and maintain Job Safety Analysis for all processes.
- Evaluate jobs for possible ergonomic improvements (body mechanics, lifts, hoists, manipulators, etc.) and implement these work design changes.
- Actively investigate all accidents and near misses and follow up to ensure corrective actions are accomplished.
- Lead plant’s safety and wellness committees.
If you are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical/Industrial/Production Engineering (Bachelor degree in occupational safety, industrial hygiene, environmental discipline or equivalent in engineering or science fields. Diploma in Industrial Safety would be an added advantage.
- Minimum 10-12 years’ experience in a similar multi-site role in a Manufacturing industry/ environment in India is essential
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
*We make what matters work.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day.
It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential - and where you can help us reach ours. Need more about Eaton? Come on in @ www.eaton.com.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Environmental Health & Safety
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: VEH Vehicle Group
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only