Senior Engineer - Mechanical
Job Title: Senior Engineer # 066858
If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team - winning is fun.
We are looking forward to Senior Engineer in Eaton’s electrical business, based in Pune, India.
In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals.
This exciting role is leading Sustaining and VAVE activities for Products within Eaton’s ICPDE-MC in EIIC. With the broad product knowledge, he will contributes to early phases of NPI activities, brainstorm VAVE opportunities and will be technical responsible for a specific range of Products. Acts as a partner for the ICPD organization in EIIC and has close collaboration with the production plants and other functions
Your essential responsibilities
Perform Sustaining engineering
activities related to the products of ownership.
- Support level 3 support for customer or Manufacturing sites
- Supporting the purchasing department with technical information where necessary.
- Strong contribution to specification and concept activities in NPI projects for the relevant product line (until Gate 2)
- Carry out further developments in alignment with Engineering Manager where necessary.
- Perform, collect and interprete test results, and the execution of the necessary design changes where necessary.
- Maintain the engineering data throughout the product lifecycle leveraging Enovia capabililties and ECR/ECO cycles
- Mentor least experienced team members and is focused on own development both technical and organizational
If you are:
- Bachelor degree in electrical engineering / electronic / mechatronic / systems engineering / Mechanical
- Work-experience from 7 year in Electric/Electronic sector in the industrial field, IEC standards, special know-how of electrical design and development of switching components.
- Should have experience in product development of Low Voltage device from design to testing.
- Should have experience in plastic injection molding and sheet metal parts.
- Should be aware of commonly used manufacturing processes. Knowledge of die casting will be an advantage.
- He should be aware of EN standards of switch disconnect/contactors/motor protection circuit breaker ex. EN60947-3.
- Problem solving skills, Creativity
- Self driven, pro-active, customer focused
- Team player, happy to interact with multiple locations and cultures
- Excellent PC skills - knowledge of 3D drawing packages, especially Solid Works preferred.
- Able to demonstrate a positive and enthusiastic attitude
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
*We make what matters work.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day.
It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential - and where you can help us reach ours. Need more about Eaton? Come on in @ www.eaton.com.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time