Lead Aerospace Engineer
Eaton’s Aerospace, Fluid Electrical Distribution division is currently seeking a Lead Aerospace Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our Beltsville, MD facility.
The Lead Aerospace Engineer is responsible for performing and managing multiple phases of product design, analysis and validation, starting from the customer’s preliminary specifications, to final customer approval and full rate production; including product line extension, failure analysis, product validation, prototype coordination, and follow up of project status. In this role, you will be able to lead critical and/or large-scale projects on an integrated product team utilizing global resources, to take a technical challenge from concept or problem identification, through to production release or final solution.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will use innovation to develop product solutions to meet customer requirements, cost targets and schedule commitments. Mentor the engineer team on the technical and process aspects of their programs.
- You will provide technical sign-off on bids and proposals and new development programs through ACES activity matrix, design, test readiness, and technical reviews across global Joints programs.
- You will lead structured problem-solving efforts to resolve issues at plants, OEMs, end users, suppliers, or in the development process in a timely manner. Develop recommendations and implement solutions.
- You will develop and own the Joints technology roadmaps. Provide input into the technical and business strategy. Gather input from the customer by understanding their technical roadmaps and strategy.
- You will conduct lessons learned and other training sessions (DFSS, Process, …) across the global team.
- You will represent Eaton at industry associations and influences the direction of the industry.
- You will direct and support other engineering resources for timely completion of project objectives.
- You will provide leadership for or supports the bids and proposals process by contributing to RFQ packages.
- You will execute technical deliverables within the PROLaunch development process. May lead completion of technical deliverables at the “Major Repeater” risk classification.
- You will apply established engineering processes to complete project requirements. Lead engineering process improvement initiatives.
- You will develop and apply statistical and analytical tools and models towards effective problem-solving and completion of project activities.
- You will develop and implement design requirements, specifications, and guidelines as well as test procedures and plans. Apply technical expertise to develop new solutions and ideas to meet or exceed requirements.
- You will act as a Subject Matter Expert for Joints products and Eaton Processes mentoring other team members.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 5 years of design engineering experience
- Minimum of 1 year of experience developing 3D CAD models
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship now and in the future.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within a 50 miles radius of Beltsville, MD will be considered.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering from an accredited institution.
- Certifications: Lean 6-sigma methods preferred, including Design for Six Sigma (DFSS/SSDD) Green Belt or Black Belt, or Project Management Professional Certification
- Aerospace Engineering experience
- Proficiency in CATIA v5 and PROEngineer Wildfire
- 5 years of experience in product engineering
- 7+ years of experience in mechanical design of sealed conveyance components or systems for aircraft (tubes, ducting, rigid and flexible joints and couplers, flanges)
- Engineer who has taken a product from concept to production as well as being involved in the launch
- Knowledge of AS1895, AS1650, AS7510, AS1710, AS1960, AS4060, and Aerospace Fluid Conveyance a plus
- Material Review Board or non-conformance acceptance experience
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time