Controls Product Sales Manager - US Midwest Region
Eaton’s Hydraulics Division is currently seeking a Controls Product Sales Manager to join our team. This position will be based out of a home office in one of the following states: Minnesota, Iowa, Wisconsin. Relocation assistance is provided for this role if you do not currently reside in one of the states listed.
This Controls Product Sales Manager is responsible for supporting the Midwest Region in the US for our entire line of Hydraulic Controls products with an emphasis in Mobile and Industrial hydraulic controls such as stackable load-sense spool valves, Software controlled stackable spool valves, Screw in Cartridge Valves and Manifolds, Electronic Steering and Axis Pro industrial valves. In this role, you will also support the growth plans for Advanced Mobile Valves, Electronics & Controls, and a portion of the Industrial Portfolio.
This is a highly technical role which supports the Eaton sales organization, our Distribution partners and our OEM customers, with an emphasis on driving growth with our Hydraulic & Electronic controls products. This support includes, but not limited to, becoming the subject matter expert, training, supporting organizational strategy, providing market and competitive intelligence, VOC and feedback to Eaton organization, driving our sales funnel using C360, engaging with Product Management via product growth teams, and supporting regions through regular cadence with sales and Regional Manager.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will support the regions as the subject matter expert for our Hydraulics controls portfolio.
- You will develop target markets to drive sales and profitable growth with our distribution partners.
- You will create awareness and drive growth with Focus Products.
- You will focus on market share conversion through development of solid value propositions.
- You will work closely with Sales management to seek new opportunities and develop incremental growth with current channel partners, OEMS and engineering companies.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required
- Minimum 4 years of sales experience with highly engineered technical products
- Minimum 2 years of experience in Hydraulics
- Must possess and maintain a valid & unrestricted driver’s license
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without out company sponsorship, now & in the future
- MBA from an accredited institution
- Mechanical Engineering Degree from an accredited institution
- CFPS (Certified Fluid Power Specialist Certification)
- Knowledge of and experience with the defined group (hydraulic pumps, motors and/or valves)
- Basic or advanced understanding of Electronic controls for hydraulic applications
- Basic understanding of Canbus systems
- Willingness to become CFPS (Certified Fluid Power Specialist) certified within 18 months
- In-depth specialized knowledge of hydraulic Controls (mobile and industrial) with an emphasis on Spool valve and Screw in Cartridge valves
- Program management skills required to direct ASM and OEM teams to meet sales growth objectives.
- Position is considered an incremental step to attain Area Sales Manager, OEM Account Manager, NA Sales Support Manager, Application and Commercial Excellence or Product Manager positions.
- Ability to manage effectively the combined sales activities and resources of Area Sales Managers, Direct Salesmen, Distributor sales personnel, application support groups and Hydraulics PSMs
- Broad range of computer skills with Microsoft applications, including Project, and AutoCAD
- Extensive multi-state travel estimated at 50-60%.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD Hydraulics Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time