Program Manager I
Eaton’s B-Line division is currently seeking a Program Manager I to join our team. This position is based at our Highland, IL site.
The Program Manager I (PM I) manages an integrated program team using clear methodology to plan, track & execute to achieve basic level program objectives, mainly around New Product Initiatives (NPI) and Value Add/Value Engineering (VA/VE) programs. The PM I will leverage core project management skills, anticipates challenges and makes proactive adjustments to meet commitments.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will develop and manage basic plans including a solid scope statement and a risk log with the team for low complexity programs
- You will generate a basic roles/responsibilities matrix for the team and leads regularly scheduled team meetings and assumes accountability for scope/projects assigned.
- You will support negotiations by capturing scope changes in a log and formally communicating potential program impacts.
- You will effectively communicate across the Program Team, to their immediate managers, and to external counterparts, e.g. customers or suppliers.
- You will construct an accurate program budget that includes Non-Recurring (Development), Recurring (Product) and Capital costs that feed the financial model to clearly articulate the business case.
- You will partner with program team members and the rest of the organization to understand customer needs and how the product is being developed to meet those needs.
- You will recognize strengths and development areas of team members and seeks support or acts to improve performance
Required (Basic) Qualifications
- A Bachelor Degree in Business or Engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a design engineering role and/or a project administrator/manager supporting engineering product development within a manufacturing environment.
- No Relocation. Candidates must currently reside within a 50 mile radius of the Highland, IL site.
- No Sponsorship. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. on an ongoing basis without requiring company sponsorship now or in the future.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Project
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to work in a virtual environment
- Strong situation leadership skills
- Proven working experience as a project administrator on NPI, VA/VE or other engineering related projects
- Experience with Tollgate/Phasegate Process
- Advanced Microsoft Excel Skills
- Eaton's PROLaunch NPI/VAVE Methodology
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- Effectively communicates across the project team, to their immediate managers, and to external counterparts, e.g. customers or suppliers.
- Ensures clear staffing needs are communicated.
- Establish solid relationships with cross-functional management.
- Develops a team environment that encourages open team member input and engagement.
- Remains positive through challenging situations and effectively deals with team conflict.
- Has awareness of organizational change management principles and applies basic communication planning to projects.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG BLD BLine Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time