Procurement Manager – Direct Materials – EMEA
- Provide leadership and guidance in the development of commodity strategies for hose materials, etc.
- Set strategic direction with Procurement Team to support divisional cost, quality, delivery, supplier reduction, business model changes and sourcing goals.
- Apply business acumen to ensure that current commodity strategies are updated with the latest internal/external environmental factors. Achieve organizational consensus and alignment with the supplier-facing strategies.
- Guide and advise Procurement Team and plant Materials Management Team on supply and replenishment strategies to ensure supplier on time deliveries with progressively shorter lead-times.
- Build a competent and sustainable team of commodity managers, leads, specialists. Provide leadership in development of individuals within the direct material procurement functions through motivating, coaching, goal setting and personal development initiatives.
- Support Supplier Development Function to identify suppliers requiring improvement regarding on-time delivery, quality or business processes. This includes developing the improvement plan through execution to attain results.
- Analyze and approve supplier negotiation strategies and supplier contracts to optimize the total cost of ownership for Eaton Corp.
- Support New Product Development projects moving through ProLaunch to ensure alignment with sourcing strategies and the global manufacturing footprint.
- Build strategic global supply base that meets the organization’s performance requirements in alignment with Global Commodity Team. Manage supply base to achieve these goals working with engineering, manufacturing operations and the plant supply chain personnel.
- Develop systems, methodologies and tools to improve standardized purchasing process / divisional operating procedures.
- Serve as the commodity & market expert providing guidance to other functional areas in the organization as required, in support of profit plan, price actions and material price variance forecasting.
- Develop strong positive ethical relationships with suppliers & adhere to Eaton’s Code of Conduct.
- Manage supplier compliance and communications associated with Eaton Corporate initiatives (Ethics compliance, EHS requirements, etc.).
- Support corporate supply chain programs and initiatives, for example Diversity Spend, International Procurement Office etc.
- Minimum education level: Bachelor’s degree in relevant areas – Engineering, Business Administration etc.
- Vast supply chain management experience with expertise in Procurement management
- Strong Supplier development experience and know-how
- Manufacturing industry/environment experience required
- Demonstrated project leadership success spanning multiple regions
- Commodity or technical expertise preferred in the areas of Hose Materials or Chemicals.
- Ability to create, promote and sustain a high performing culture
- Ability to lead teams, influence and manage people
- Ability to create a compelling vision, establish strategies, communicate them effectively and measure results
- Demonstrated leader and relationship builder with strong interpersonal skills
- Experience working globally across multiple cultures and dealing with suppliers, employees and plants in various countries
- Strong ethics and professional presence required
- Proven negotiation skills
- Results and detailed oriented
- Contract in fast growing global company
- Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
- Great promotional opportunities – We encourage internal promotion, whenever possible
- Learning & Development - We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No