Eaton’s Electrical has an opening for an:
FIELD PRODUCT MANAGER – EMERGENCY LIGHTING & FIRE
Location: Segrate, Milan
Do you want to work for a global player, where we care about ethics, inclusion and diversity and our people?
Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment. We make what matters work. Find out more on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
Eaton’s Electrical Sector is a global leader with expertise in power distribution and circuit protection; backup power protection; control and automation; lighting and security; structural solutions and wiring devices; solutions for harsh and hazardous environments; and engineering services.
You will join our Life and Safety Division in Segrate and act as Product Manager for the Emergency Lighting & Fire products line. You will ensure the achievement of Sales and margin targets for LSD in the Country.
Your key deliverables:
• Be the owner of the Product lifecycle management: launch, maturity, end of Life and substitution of Emergency Lighting & Fire product range, to optimize sales and financial results
• In cooperation with Marketing Manager, define Price strategy to meet market requirements and Company’s targets in the Country, according to the LSD platform pricing strategies
• In cooperation with the relevant Segment Manager and the Sales Team, define demand generation activities, including Promotions and Customer Events but not only, able to drive the organization to meet Sales & Profit Targets
• Understand the competitive environment and leverage that knowledge to position our offer appropriately in the marketplace. Gather customer feedback and provide input to central product management in an effort to improve product acceptance in the marketplace and drive roadmap development. Work with marketing to identify new opportunities and be a key contributor to the commercial strategy development.
• Be the local expert in Emergency Lighting regulation
You will also be responsible for:
• Offering Technical Support to sales force, including the release of product bulletins and training for new products.
• Delivering Training programs to Customers on new products and advanced topics including safety, reliability and product technology that differentiate Eaton in the marketplace.
• Preparing technical presentations and demonstrations, designing and creating product boards for exhibitions and events.
• Managing and keeping up-to-date Product Data and Price Lists into ERP (SAP) to make products ready to sell in the country.
• Keeping the local product literature and company website up-to-date
• Supporting Customer Service in case of specific inquiries
• Jointly with sales, developing partnership with new customers that require specific Product Solutions, preparing quotations and supporting commercial negotiations with customers.
• Working closely with Segment Manager in order to develop and deploy Campaigns and Strategies
• Reporting to LSD platforms any change in the market, habits, regulation or competitor activities that could compromise our business
• Possibly driving New Product Introduction to meet Profit Plan, including the realization and localization of marketing literature, marketing communication activities, promotion, etc.
• Bachelor’s degree, product design or engineering preferred
• Consolidated experience in a product management role in a B2B environment (lighting markets appreciated)
• Proven planning skills, ability to leverage KPI’s to ensure goal achievement
• Highly effective cross-functional Team Player
• Strong presentation and public speaking skills
• Good knowledge of Office 365
• Fluent English, both written and spoken
• Availability for short and frequent business trips in Italy and abroad
• Nice to have: Solid basis and experience in SEM and digital marketing; Good knowledge of SAP/CAD
Then we want to hear about you!
What Eaton offers:
• Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
• Great promotional opportunities – We encourage internal promotion, whenever possible
• Inclusion & Diversity - Openness to diversity widens our access to the best talent. Inclusion allows us to engage that talent fully
Candidate applying to the vacancy will be subject of the background screening.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: Sales EMEA
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time