Eaton’s FMC Division is currently seeking a Purchasing Manager to join our team.
This position is based at our Jackson, MS facility.
The Purchasing Manager will lead, plan, direct, & coordinate all materials purchasing functions for the Jackson, MS plant. Plan & manage the procurement of a large variety of complex materials and services to effectively support the production requirements for the plant; oversee the review and negotiation of purchase price, quality, availability, delivery, and other factors necessary to ensure the overall conformance of materials purchased to manufacturing specifications and overall company production objectives; manage and coordinate materials inventories and services.
- You will lead the team and manage the procurement of all goods, supplies, and services to support the production cycle time requirements of the plant.
- You will maintain continuous knowledge of company sales & market trends of products manufactured at the plant to determine current inventory volumes and future materials and inventory needs.
- You will maintain knowledge and awareness of market changes in commodities to be purchased to ensure the availability of products/materials for manufacturing functions at competitive prices and within alternate sources of supply to meet production requirements of the plant.
- You will oversee the location, selection and development of new and necessary delivery time frames. You will alternate sources of supply to meet production requirements of the plant.
- You will develop and maintain effective contacts and working relationships with key suppliers
- You will work with commodity and category manager in preparation of product specifications for bid and manage negotiations with the most favorable prices, quality, delivery time, etc
- You will manage and oversee the award and administration of purchase orders and agreements in accordance with established company policies and procedures
- You will develop and manage automated information systems to plan, monitor, and coordinate on-going inventory levels to provide maximum support for the production needs of the plant, including the use of VMIC.
- You will determine short-term and long-term inventory control needs relative to the availability of materials for manufacturing.
- You will plan, recommend, justify, and manage annual operating budgets and financial targets in accordance with known operational needs, strategies, and objectives.
- You will plan and manage training, instruction, and guidance to all subordinate supervisory and other employees to ensure their knowledge of proper equipment and use of accepted work processes and standards.
- You will remain knowledgeable of all government contractual requirements for the purchasing department and ensure compliance.
- Lead, coach and develop the plant buyers as well as the buyers that support the plant in the shared service center in Tijuana, Mx.
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited school in business or a technical discipline.
5 years of experience in purchasing
This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Strong ethics, values and the ability to influence others’ decision-making.
Process-oriented and ability contribute to continuous improvement.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Ability to lead change in a matrixed team environment
Ability to deal with ambiguity and make effective decisions
Ability to think strategically and influence others’ decision making
Knowledge of Aerospace industry and manufacturing processes
Prior experience in a manufacturing environment
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time