Lead Systems Analyst/Engineer
Eaton’s Industrial Sector Modeling and Simulation Center of Excellence, a part of Eaton’s Aerospace division is currently seeking a Lead Systems Analyst/Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our Beltsville, MD facility.
The Lead Systems Analyst/Engineer is responsible for the design, analysis, and optimization of aircraft Engine Build-Up (EBU) systems and high pressure ducting systems with Computer-Aided-Engineering techniques (CAE). In this role, you will work closely with design engineers and project lead throughout a project to understand design constraints as well as provide feedback pertaining to structural and/or product performance needs.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
You will analyze and optimize aircraft EBU systems and high pressure ducting systems designs with established numerical techniques such as finite element analysis (FEA) or through the development of novel analysis techniques. Including linear and non-linear analysis and incorporating global stiffness
You will prepare presentations and represent Eaton at customer meetings as a technical CAE expert for the system design, highlighting issues and manage customer requirements when necessary.
You will document and prepare a formal report for linear and non-linear structural and fatigue analyses on systems, components and assemblies for aircraft EBU systems and high pressure ducting systems. Including knowledge working with global stiffness matrices
You will contribute to successful project completion by participating in the resolution of issues such as conflicting design requirements, unsuitability of standard material, and difficult coordination issues
- You will utilize and provide technical direction to global engineering resources in North America, China and at EIEC- Pune, India
You will Create test plans to support analysis and monitor testing of product
You will communicate and coordinate projects with offsite team/consultants, developing analysis work packages to be completed offsite.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Master's degree in Engineering from an accredited institution and a minimum of two years’ experience in an aerospace Engineering environment OR Bachelor's degree in Engineering from an accredited institution and a minimum of five years’ experience in an aerospace Engineering environment.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within a 50 mile radius of Beltsville, MD will be considered.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Prior experience working in the aerospace industry
Working knowledge of ANSYS, ABAQUS, CAEPipe, FESafe and CATIA V5
DFSS Greenbelt certified preferred
Knowledge of EBU systems, clamp/flange/ducting design, assembly equipment, and material science desired.
Working knowledge of Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA) and Design of Experiments (DOE) is desired.
Experience with Microsoft applications such as Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project desired.
Working knowledge of global stiffness matrices and translating those into specific inputs for EBU and high pressure ducting systems.
- Ability to coach and mentor product design engineers with fundamental finite element analysis tools and techniques.
- Ability to review project-related documentation and analysis results to ensure its completeness and quality.
Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from management, engineers, customers or the general public.
Ability to define problems, analyze data and draw valid conclusions that result in solid recommendations.
Ability to demonstrate a high level of energy and personal drive.
Ability to demonstrate strong project management and organization skills.
Ability to demonstrate strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Ability to write reports, business correspondence and technical documents.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER Aerospace Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time