Eaton’s Aerospace Division is currently recruiting a Quality Inspector to join our team. The position is based at our Irvine, CA facility
This Quality Inspector is responsible for performing Dimensional or Mechanical Inspection on a diversified line of Aerospace components.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. . It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours
• You will be inspecting subassemblies, and assemblies in the receiving, assembly, test, machining and shipping areas
• You will be performing final dimensional or mechanical inspection of parts, components, subassemblies and assemblies making sure they are according to blue prints and customer orders
• You will be using a variety of precision measuring instruments such as micrometers, vernier calipers, comparators and gauging equipment.
• You will be required to audit test and assembly processes.
• You will perform complex first article inspection on components, sub-assemblies and assemblies to AS9102 requirements
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications
- High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- Minimum three (3) years’ inspection experience in an Aerospace environment
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience with AS9102 first article inspection
- No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Only candidates residing within 50 miles of Irvine, CA will be considered for this position.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee
- Be familiar with and able to read and interpret drawings and engineering specifications
- Good verbal and writing communications skills in English
- Good interpersonal skills to establish and maintain effective intra and inter-departmental relationships at all levels
- Possess basic knowledge of acceptance test procedures (ATP), acceptance test reports (ATR), job travelers (process plans), pick lists, blueprints, certifications of conformance, chemical and physical analysis reports and test reports
- Possess understanding of geometrical tolerancing and dimensional measurements per ASME Y14.5.
- Possess knowledge of AQL sampling selection per internal procedures or ANSI/ASQC Z1.4.
- Knowledge or experience inspecting aerospace products with special processes (e.g., anodizing, chem film, passivation, heat treating, penetrant and radiography, etc.)
- Proficient using coordinate measuring machine
- CMM Programming experience
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time