Senior EHS Technician
Eaton Corporation located in Sumter, SC has an opening for an Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) Technician.
The EHS Technician will be responsible for essential environmental health and safety (EHS) actions and initiatives related to EHS systems, inspections, training, and records management.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours. As an EHS Technician:
- You will lead and assist with the implementation of MESH (Management System of Environmental, Safety and Health) and will utilize MESH tools to drive improvements by participating and co-leading MESH Teams.
You will obtain training and hands-on experience in implementing MESH tools to drive improvements in MESH and directly support facility objectives.
You will provide and/or facilitate EHS training as needed
You will lead incident investigations and track/trend incident data for OSHA 300 logs.
You will enter EHS data/corrective actions in the corporate reporting tool (MESH Prism) and produce data for monthly scorecards.
You will perform Site Level and Workstation Risk Assessments to identify hazards and implement corrective actions & controls.
You will lead/co-lead the EHS Committee and serve as a member of various site teams
You will work directly with MESH Element Owners/Champions to provide technical guidance and support to build organizational capability.
You will manage facility environmental performance systems, including wastewater permits and associated sampling requirements, solid waste, storm water, etc.
You will drive for continuous improvement and support 5S+ initiatives
You will oversee the powered industrial truck (PIT) program
You will deploy EHS (Environment, Health & Safety) initiatives in support of a Zero Incident Culture
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we—as individuals and as a company—are stronger.
- Associates Degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum 1 year experience supporting OSHA regulations, Environmental/chemical compliance, facilities compliance, security and/or emergency response
- Must be authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
- Associates Degree in Environmental Health & Safety from an accredited institution
- Experience with storm water, spill prevention control, waste management, air permits, Emergency Response, and EPCRA
- Minimum 1 year experience in lockout/tagout, ergonomics, industrial hygiene, process safety, and/or environmental compliance.
- Basic understanding of the Eaton Safety Process or ISO14001
- Self-motivated / directed individual with well demonstrated written and verbal skills, along with great organizational and cross-functional collaboration skills.
- Effective meeting facilitation skills and demonstrated ability to present to large audiences.
- Attention to detail and thorough analytical skills
- Must be willing to work flexible hours and overtime in support of business needs
- Ability to manage conflict while maintaining a professional posture
- Ability to influence without authority
- Minimum 1 year experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Strong presentation skills
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Environmental Health & Safety
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CDPAD Comml Distrib Prods Assy Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time