Communications Content Specialist
Eaton’s Hydraulics division is currently seeking a Communications Content Specialist to join our team. This position is based at our Eden Prairie, MN facility.
The Communications Content Specialist is a key role that will help us leverage communication internally and externally to advance business goals. In this role, you will serve as an innovative storyteller within the Hydraulics Group of businesses. You will use your writing and channel expertise to grow readership and engagement on existing communication channels and at key events. In addition, you’ll help craft and curate compelling organizational news content. You will also work closely with the Communications Senior Manager to execute strategic communication plans and measure their effectiveness.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will gain a deep understanding of our businesses and our brand, both of which can prepare you for other communications, marketing communications or human resources roles at Eaton.
- You will gain a sense of community as you engage with employees on the company’s mobile news app and intranet sites.
- You will have an opportunity to further develop brand advocacy skills as you create great stories about our people, teams, business and products that will be shared with internal and external audiences.
- You will measure the effectiveness of programs and tactics delivered to key stakeholders.
- You will analyze metrics to recommend and implement adjustments to campaigns/content to improve results that impact the business results.
- You will be responsible for proofreading and creating some key leader PowerPoint presentations.
- You will ensure alignment of materials to corporate brand strategy and messaging.
- You will achieve a sense of accomplishment as you reach clearly established goals.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in the communications, marketing, public relations, or human resources
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience developing digital, multimedia and print content
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without out company sponsorship, now or in the future.
- No relocation is being offered for the role. All candidates must live within 50 miles of Eden Prairie, MN.
- Master’s degree in Communications, Advertising, Marketing, Journalism, Public Relations or Human Resources
- Experience driving adoption of new tools
Position Success Criteria:
- Solid experience writing for a variety of communication channels
- Excellent proofreading and editing skills
- Ability to convert complex information into compelling content
- Proficiency at created compelling PowerPoint presentations
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and other communication enabling technologies like PowerPoint, InDesign, Photoshop, Hootsuite, etc.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD Hydraulics Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time