Senior Manager, Program Management Office
The PROCOE PMO Senior Manager will be responsible for people leadership and project delivery in the Product Center of Excellence Program Management Office (PROCOE PMO). The entire PROCOE PMO team consists of approximately 50 Project Managers (PMs) responsible for successfully delivering projects in support of the Industrial and Electrical Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and Engineering functions. This position will manage approximately ten-to-twelve of those PM resources. This position may also provide an opportunity to be the program manager on a large, multi-year, international program, (e.g. ERP, IoT or Industry 4.0 deployments or an M&A effort). This would include planning, controlling and executing all sub-projects within the programs to ensure business objectives are met, defining project team member roles, identifying resources to fill those roles, and communicating responsibilities to those resources. It would also include managing customer and external supplier budgets and deliverables and performing vendor management and contract negotiations and reviews.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours. In this role...
- You will provide direct manager-of-people leadership to approximately ten project managers.
- You will ensure that the PMs on the team plan, control and execute projects and programs following Eaton-prescribed processes to ensure business objectives are met. This includes providing project management oversight, guidance and leadership to PMs on the team, including:
- You will execute Portfolio Management activities by working closely with the Program Managers and BRMs to make project investment decisions, balancing business priorities globally against the availability of all required COE resources.
- You will drive continuous improvement processes, policies and metrics into the team.
- You will monitor and report on schedule and budget variances
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum 10 years of large project management experience
- Minimum of 6 years of people leadership experience
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the US on a continuous basis without company sponsorship
- Knowledge of various project life cycle methodologies.
- Successfully led major project implementations in large, multi-national organizations.
- Agile project management certification preferred.
- Experience managing international staff preferred.
- Can effectively drive results through influence.
- Can handle multiple priorities and deal with ambiguity.
- Must quickly assimilate information and make time-boxed decisions.
- Must display a global perspective and cultural awareness.
- Must possess ability to effectively manage vendor resources and team members in other countries.
- Requires good networking capability and a proven ability to work with senior executives.
- Master degree
- PMP certificate
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Information Technology
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time