Eaton Corporation has an opening for a:
Divisional Financial Analyst & xStorage BU Controller
Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment. We make what matters work. Find out more on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
Do you want to work for a global player, where we care about ethics, inclusion and diversity and our people?
You will join our Power Quality & Electronics Division within the Finance function. In your position you will have two main responsibilities: PQED Financial Analyst and xStorage BU Financial Controller.
The Financial Analyst works collaboratively with finance and business resources across the EMEA region within PQED, supporting monthly reporting, forecasting cycles, as well as product line reporting. The other key responsibility in this position is to manage the controlling activities for the xStorage business unit, a highly technological business born in 2016 within Eaton in Switzerland. This role provides an excellent learning opportunity challenging several financial skill-sets with a broad geographic and business scope and visibility to leadership. The Financial Analyst supports the business in decision-making processes, by providing forward-looking analysis and insight to the senior leadership team, and ensuring alignment of planned actions and targets in the financial forecast. Similarly, the xStorage Controller’s role offers an even closer relationship with operations (sales, SCM, Engineering) and involves also responsibility for a ledger’s management.
The ideal candidate is an energetic critical thinker, highly analytical, skilled in driving process improvements, who demonstrates the drive, business acumen, and people capability to deliver results within an exciting business.
Your key deliverables:
• Prepares xStorage Profit Plan and monthly financial reporting (actuals and rolling forecast), as well as less frequent reporting such as operating reviews and strategic plan.
• Responsible to support the achievement of xStorage financial commitment.
• Acts as a business partner for all functions within xStorage to help the business grow and meet its targets. Identifies risks and opportunities to drive decision and management action.
• Tracks cost of goods sold for xStorage, defines transfer pricing, keeps track of royalties, recycling and warranty costs associated to batteries sales.
• Works closely with xStorage sales team and project managers on pricing matters (catalog, special discounts,) to ensure achievement of Profit Plan margin targets.
• Prepares and analyses end-to-end data for PQED, involving close interactions with product managers and other EMEA controllers.
• Prepares various PQED reports for internal and external stakeholders, including market share analysis, pipeline analysis, product line analysis and various other financial analysis for the management.
• Participates in the preparation of strategic plan, profit plan and forecasts at PQED level.
• Supports the monthly closing and rolling forecast processes for PQED. Analyzes operational and financial data, investigate variances, identify business drivers, and evaluate their impact on planned objectives. Document meaningful variance analysis commentary for management.
• Prepares for PQED ad-hoc analysis as needed (product, pricing, supply chain, spend analysis, etc.).
• Works in a team environment to drive improvement in financial processes through tools/systems, automation, and standardization.
• Master’s Degree in Business Administration / Economics / Finance
• 2/4 years’ as Financial Analyst, with increasing responsibilities and exposure
• Candidate must possess strong written and presentation skills and must be able to effectively work in a cross-functional team environment
• P&L and balance sheet controlling skills, with proven track of records
• Solid understanding of US GAAP
• Knowledge of data processing on financial systems (i.e. Oracle, SAP)
• Proficient in Microsoft applications (Excel & PowerPoint) and BI tools
• Strict attention to detail
• Passion to understand the business and act as a key partner
• Manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Strong analytical, planning and organizational skills
• Excellent communication/ interpersonal skill and proven problem-solving capability
• Fluent in English, French knowledge is a plus
Then we want to hear about you!
What Eaton offers:
• Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
• Great promotional opportunities – We encourage internal promotion, whenever possible
• Culture & Values – We are more than the products we invent and produce – the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are – both individually and as an organization – and direct our activities every day
Candidate applying to the vacancy will be subject of the background screening. LI-LP2
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: PQED Power Quality Division EMEA
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring region only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time