Eaton’s Energy Automation Solutions (EAS) Division is currently seeking an Application Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our Plymouth, MN facility.
The Application Engineer will support our capacitor bank control product line interfacing directly with customers and provide technical pre-sales support to guide customers through the specification and part number ordering process. The application engineer will collaborate with the product manager and product production team to develop custom product that meets clients unique business needs. In addition the Application Engineer will assist in new product definition and development supporting product line growth. The application engineer will work with the EAS customer support team as a subject matter expert providing guidance and training.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
• Drive new business by assisting the customer in the successful technical evaluation and approval of product selection.
• Manage key customer opportunities as a pre-sale technical engineer.
• Responsible to eliminate technical barriers in the successful selection of our capacitor bank control.
• Provide technical product training.
• Review and analyze customer technical product requirements.
• Assist in 3rd party integrations.
• Participate in new product development; work closely with customers to identify new features or products.
• Recommend process improvements and product synergies.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelors of Science or Engineering degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in engineering
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area of Plymouth, MN will be considered.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Electronics, Mechanical, Software or Computer Engineering from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 3 years of application engineering experience
- Experience with customer facing including, but not limited to, trade shows, training, demos, and technical support
- Experience in developing customer relationships
- Experience in project management
- Experience in the electric utility industry
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Familiar with the North American electric utility industry
- Capability of communicating complex ideas to technical and non-technical audience
- Strong problem solving skills; Strong analytical abilities
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG EAS Electrical Automation Solutions
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time