Golf Pride North American Development Engineer
Eaton’s Golf Pride division is currently seeking a North American Development Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our Pinehurst, NC facility.
The Golf Pride North American Development Engineer is responsible for supporting research of innovative solutions for Swing Grip product channels by leveraging research and development infrastructure. You will support design, tooling, material/process development, and testing to achieve product goals. In this role, you will act as a key leader, managing product development activities in the North American OEM sector, collaborating cross-functionally to maintain efficient communication channels for all active programs.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will lead the NA OEM Swing grip development activities delivering the objective of 90% OTD to SOP
- You will be accountable for an increase in speed of NA OEM product development by leveraging RIC resources, standardized procedures, and cross-functional knowledge sharing and global transparency. Minimize R&D activities by standardizing work and making the easy things easy
- You will support the integration of the Rapid Innovation Center (RIC) into the Global Research & Development function through collaboration, technology sharing and alignment of working standards and communication methods. Strive to achieve a seamless and efficient transfer from the RIC to the factory teams
- You will establish a measurement of efficiency (Scorecard) of product development and project transfer to factory teams. Update the scorecard regularly with lessons learned for continuous improvement
- You will lead risk management of all associated North American Original Equipment Manufacturing (OEM) programs to effectively identify design/ process issues in advance to allow predictable launch timing to meet On Time Delivery (OTD) to Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) metrics
- You will embrace Eaton ProLaunch product development disciplines including stage gate reviews for all major milestones. In particular ensure a clearly defined Product Brief exists for every project
- You will support Global Engineering Standards for information management, Enovia based change management disciplines, and EPIC based product lifecycle management. Drive conformance to global standards including documentation standards, product design standards, drawing standards, tooling design standards, material recipe standards, process standards, and testing standards
- You will Utilize Global Material Standards with the objective of minimizing the quantity of raw materials and compound formulas while maximizing versatility in new product development
- You will Support global communication practices that accurately and regularly communicate project status and change in priorities, highlight issues and CTQ's to support customers both internal and external. Facilitate the efficient transition of products into manufacturing as Pilot validated designs ensuring products launch on the agreed Start of Production Date
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in an engineering role
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience working in a research & development and/or product development environment
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience with CAD drawings and designs
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Master’s degree in Polymer Science is preferred
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in an engineering role
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience with CAD
- Prior experience with Rhino and Solidworks design platforms
- Prior experience working in the golf and/or sporting goods industry
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications and web based information and documentation systems
Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from management, engineers, customers or the general public.
Ability to provide technical support to the OEM customer base, building relationships with key external engineering personnel. The main objective is to provide a trusted point of contact between engineering departments to facilitate the expedited delivery of programs that meet specific customer requirements while working within current manufacturing capabilities.
Ability to work within Profit Plan budget limits. Communicate excessive spending activities.
Ability to define problems, analyze data and draw valid conclusions that result in solid recommendations.
Ability to demonstrate a high level of energy and personal drive.
Ability to demonstrate strong project management and organization skills.
Ability to demonstrate strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Ability to write reports, business correspondence and technical documents.
For over six decades, we’ve been the global leader in golf grip innovation and technology, from the invention of the slip-on grip to groundbreaking advancements in cord with our new Brushed Cotton Technology (BCT®) to the introduction of the hybrid category of grips.
Today, Golf Pride® has laid claim to more major wins than any other grip company. More than 80% of Tour professionals choose to play our grips and not one is paid to do so. And in this age of multi-million dollar endorsement deals, that’s the strongest endorsement of all. So, whether you’re a Tour pro playing a major, a rising amateur, or an everyday golfer, you can rest assured knowing you’re playing the #1 Grip in Golf.
Golf Pride has been number one in golf grips for many years. Golf Pride is a USA based company with factories in Taiwan and Thailand.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD GOLF Golf Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time