Control Systems Lead Engineer
Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment. We make what matters work. Find out more on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
Do you want to work for a global player, where we care about ethics, inclusion and diversity and our people?
As a Control Systems Lead Engineer you will perform conceptual design, architecture, and development of controls and embedded software, firmware and its integration for hydraulic applications. As a key member of a global team, you will help define requirements, contribute to definition of electronics hardware design, design embedded system software architecture and control algorithm solutions, up to and including certification and product launch with the support of model-based development processes, and utilization of automated testing, verification & validation tools.
Your key deliverables :
• Identify, develop & evaluate core technologies in the area of controls and embedded systems with a focus on hydraulic applications, critical to Eaton business needs.
• Understand industrial systems dynamics and experience with hydraulic controls and embedded software testing and validation including Model-In-the-Loop, and Hardware-In-the-Loop. You are familiar with related industrial communication protocols and calibration toolchains and processes.
• Perform architecture, design analysis, and modeling to ensure certification compliance of all functional, performance, and environmental requirements
• Utilize FMEA process to enhance design robustness. Contribute to continued enhancement of control algorithms and core embedded software to support additional product features.
• Conduct technology feasibility studies. Develop, allocate, analyze, and verify system, sub-system, and component requirements while working directly with customers and cross-functional team members including controls and electronics design engineers, project engineers, program management, marketing and product teams members to successfully develop and validate designs and products.
• Mentor, assign tasks and determine priority for project team members as needed.
• Bachelor Degree in Mechanical or Mechatronics or Controls or Embedded Systems Engineering discipline, or related from an accredited university.
• 5+ year of experience with control or embedded system systems applications or relevant engineering discipline.
• Experience with inverters and electric drives.
• Experience with Mathworks family tools (Matlab/Simulink).
• Experience in full life-cycle of software development, verification and certification preferably in hydraulic domain.
• Master Degree in Controls or Mechatronics Engineering discipline, or related from an accredited university.
• V-model development process with support of model-based development process and automated tools for analysis, testing, verification & validation.
What Eaton offers:
• Contract in fast growing global company
• Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
• Great promotional opportunities – We encourage internal promotion, whenever possible
• Excellent working environment – safety and ethic are really important for us
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time