Eaton Corporation’s North America Electrical Sales Division, located in Denver, Colorado has an immediate opening for an Application Engineer, Data Center Vertical.
The primary function of the Application Engineer is to achieve acceptability of Eaton’s Electrical products in the data center / mission critical marketplace, while providing technical leadership and mentoring for sales engineers, outside rep agencies, VARS, and to both internal and external customers. This position will be responsible for leading the design, development and validation of Eaton products and service applications. This position will be familiar with competitive product offerings in the data center segment and be able to position Eaton products to best compete against competitive products. The primary customer target industry is the Multi -Tenant (Co-location), Enterprise, and Cloud data center market, working directly with the end user, as well as front-end Consulting Engineering firms and the installing/procuring General Contractors/Electrical Contractors as needed.
The primary functions include; providing efficient and accurate pre-sale application and technical support by analyzing and recommending solutions to meet customer’s needs; manage daily phone and email activity while providing directions, solutions, and recommendations; effectively communicate product value proposition and product line strategies; review and provide feedback on product literature developed by product line; provide feedback to product marketing and engineering regarding information, cross reference data, renewal parts information, technical drawings, and any other technical documentation found in hard copy or on the website; serve on special teams to enhance team performance and drive process improvement , productivity, customer satisfaction, and high performance work culture; and provide training to Technical Support Engineers.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day.
·You will call on electrical engineers at related consulting firms across the assigned sales territory to assist with Data Center / Mission Critical technical design and position Eaton related products in a preferred position
· You will provide support on major mission critical projects including submittals drawings and interfacing with the customer and project consultants
·You will work with institutional end users to gain acceptance and promote Eaton products
·You will conduct product seminars and training on Eaton products and solutions to: end users, consultants and sales engineers
·You will assist customers with design build opportunities.
·You will assist your area sales engineers in customer relationship building
·You will provide technical submittal packages for customer approval
·You will work in conjunction with Power Distribution sales teams and application engineers
·You will provide technical support for your sales engineer teammates in your assigned area (CO, UT, ID, WY, MT)
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
· Bachelor’s degree in a technical field from an accredited institution
· Minimum five (5) years of electrical sales and/or electrical engineering experience
· Possess and maintain a valid and unrestricted driver’s license
· Legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
· No relocation is offered for this position. All candidates must currently reside within 50 miles of Denver, Colorado to be considered
· Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
· A Professional Engineer (PE) License
· Knowledgeable of Eaton Electrical products, services and competitors
· Knowledge and experience in the data center / mission critical market
· Design/build knowledge in the Multi-Tenant Data Center marketplace
· Ability to recognize and offer Value Added / Value Engineering (VAVE) options and suggestions/recommendations to our mission critical customers
· Sense of Urgency and ability to excel in a fast paced environment
Position Success Criteria:
· Ability to write technical specifications for new projects in a manner that will put Eaton in an advantageous position when the project is bid
· Ability to assist with the layout and design of electrical systems, including Control and Monitoring Systems using Eaton’s assembly and component products
· Skillful at leading teams, consensus building, and mentoring
· Initiative and self-management skills
· Value selling experience
· Electrical product knowledge
· Presentation and training skills
· Understanding of selling techniques and Eaton’s capabilities
· Technical knowledge regarding the application of Power Distribution products
· Proficient on some or all of the following: Power Quality and reliability products and applications, Power Monitoring products and application, Power control products and applications
· Demonstrated ability to interface with Electrical Consultant Principals and Lead Electrical Engineers, as well as Facility Engineers at Mission Critical Customers
· Possess knowledge of products, markets channels and associated applications
· Ability to travel up to 25%
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: NAS North American Sales
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time