Senior Analyst-Program Accounting
This position provides critical support to the Aerospace R&D program management organization in terms of controls and reporting, as well as leads a number of key general accounting processes for the plant. This role leads projects, provide ad hoc reporting, and drives improvement into all areas of the role.
Essential Functions May Include:
- Calculates, reports, and interprets financial performance by program, schedule, and financial performance by program to program managers, engineering managers, and functional leaders.
- Develops and implements program finance and program management processes to ensure control, compliance, and improved program execution. Benchmark and incorporate best practices.
- Performs monthly journal entries and reconciliations to ensure that program costs are appropriately accounted for in both the P&L and balance sheet.
- Monitor engineering timecards and make sure that hours worked are appropriately charged and tracked against projects in Oracle Time and Labor (OTL).
- Manage spend tracking for partially and fully funded government programs.
- Collaborate with Lead Programs Analyst to drive improved program execution by establishing meaningful metrics, identifying necessary achievement levels, and providing gap closure tools.
- Create best practices and processes for government accounting including, but not limited to, calculating engineering labor rates and preparing for government audits.
Provides monthly analysis to Manufacturing and Research & Development (R&D) budget owners on their budget spending v. forecast.
Lead salary payroll processing for six Aerospace sites.
Timely and accurate completion of salary payroll-related journal entries and reconciliations for month-end close.
Performs certain general accounting month-end journal entries and reconciliations.
Regular monitoring of site key internal controls (PO audit, Segregation of Duties & access reviews, etc.)
Provides ad hoc analysis and leads projects as required by Accounting Manager and Controller.
Helps accomplish the finance department 3-deep objective by continuing documentation and maintaining standard work.
- Bachelor degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business Administration from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in accounting, finance or Non-Recurring Engineering (NRE) programs accounting
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- echanical, electrical roducibilalysis (ment to support the production of the fluid controls and actuation product line.ving youEaton will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FCIHO
- Prior Manufacturing environment experience
Aerospace program experience
Prior payroll experience
Prior Oracle/MFGPro experience
Highly developed computer skills including the MS Office software suite.
Proven leadership skills. Must be able to drive change.
Advanced problem solving and analytical skills.
Robust organizational and planning skills. Must be able to manage multiple initiatives.
Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills, with the ability to establish cross-functional relationships.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time