Co-Op Student, Satellite/Sales
Eaton’s electrical division is seeking a Satellite/Sales co-op to work in the Calgary location.
The Eaton – Alberta division is responsible for sales, service and support of Eaton Legacy product including Electrical Distribution, Automation & Control, Power Distribution and Circuit Protection in the Alberta region. The Calgary Satellite Plant assembles power distribution and control equipment customers including 120V - 600V distribution and control equipment.
There are two primary functions of the co-op position: Satellite and Inside Sales responsibilities. The coop student will assist the product specialists in entering orders, and helping with the flow of production, to ultimately get the finished goods to our end customers. All orders require engineering, drawings, production and testing before they are ready to ship to the customer. In addition to the manufacturing responsibilities, the successful candidate will assist the Calgary Sales office with inside sales functions including, but not limited to quotations, data entry, order entry, along with order management and product support.
The Calgary Satellite Plant assembles power distribution equipment for Western Canada customers.
- Assist with custom engineering and create/edit AutoCAD drawings.
- Co-ordinate with engineering to ensure the timely ordering of Advance Material Order requirements for long lead time items and project-based orders.
- Assist engineering team with managing and updating the production schedule.
- Communicate material shortages to manager and escalate expediting to ensure schedules are met.
- Work with the production staff to ensure Kanban (inventory levels), as well as bulk items are maintained according to production requirements.
- Work with purchasing to coordinate, on-time material deliveries, and material quality.
- Review, update and schedule customer orders, discrete jobs, in order to maintain an up-to-date production schedule.
- Assist with order entry, and job pack creation for the shop floor workers.
- Assist office and shop staff with the quarterly physical inventory process.
- Work with plant staff to identify cost saving opportunities related to production and processes.
- Assist with light duties in the shop area including: moving materials, some light assembly work.
- Assist with inside sales – quotations, data entry, order entry, sales support.
- Assist our quotation department with project quotations requiring single line and specification review.
- Actively participate on a project that uses lean/six sigma to drive cost out
- Assist our quotation department with quotation file management.
- Supply our outside sales team with inside sales support such as fielding product inquiries, order entry, order expedite.
- Perform all job functions with adherence to Eaton’s Values and Philosophy, as well as the Safety and Environmental Standards.
- This work term will apply your theoretical knowledge and understand the industry. You will have the opportunity to enhance your understanding of distribution and control.
- Learn who Eaton is, and what Eaton has to offer as a future career option!
Must be actively enrolled in a diploma or degree program in the electrical engineering, computer science, mechanical engineering, software engineering, or instrumentation.
Must be eligible to work in Canada without company sponsorship on an on-going basis.
No relocation is being offered for this position. The candidate must reside within 80 km of Calgary, AB.
Must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
Must be able to wear PPE (ie. Steel toe shoes, safety glasses, gloves when required)
Strong problem-solving skills and time management capabilities.
Excellent planning and organizational skills.
Must be able to follow detailed instructions from sales/ inside sales staff.
- Some knowledge of Microsoft Office.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: ESSG CA Canada
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No