Environmental, Health and Safety Manager
Eaton’s Industrial Controls Division of Eaton’s Electrical sector has an opening for an EHS Manager located in Watertown, Wisconsin.
This position provides environmental, health, safety, and security leadership for all employees and groups sitting in the Watertown manufacturing plant. Position is responsible for: maintaining site ISO 14001 certification; assuring accurate and complete EHS reporting of metrics; assuring closure of MESH and regulatory agency findings on a timely basis; managing interfaces with the public and governmental authorities with adverse findings and enforcement actions; directing actions during crises; site security, creating & maintaining a strong EHS zero incident culture that engages employees throughout the site in EHS teams and processes; and managing ongoing facilities maintenance activity.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will manage and direct the site in achieving EHS targets & objectives. Directs development, maintenance, and achievement of goals in support of corporate and business group EHS strategic initiatives.
- You will facilitate risk assessment at the location to identify critical EHS hazards and aspects. Works with leadership team to create targets and objectives based on key EHS risks.
- You will support creation of EHS goals for the site manager and appropriate activity based goals for the leadership team, functional managers, and front-line supervisors to drive EHS culture, compliance, and results.
- You will work to assign MESH element champions and facilitate their engagement in ownership of the MESH elements.You will drive and promote zero incident EHS culture throughout site. Creates and facilitates EHS engagement through EHS teams and committees needed to accomplish the established targets and objectives for the year.
- You will work with leadership team and MESH element champions to complete an annual evaluation of compliance for EHS country, state, and local regulations. Pursues third party recognition for programs that establish the site and Eaton’s EHS program as world class.
- You will use established EHS data processes such as MESH Suite to manage data such as injuries and illnesses, environmental metrics, risk assessments, EHS action items and other pertinent information.You will lead security function for the site, develops training, and advises employees on proper procedures
- You will manage and maintain facilities projects to ensure all key EHS operations controls are in place and actions are resolved on a timely basis.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Minimum (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution is required
- Minimum 3 years experience in EHS processes and/or facility management role
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Relocation assistance is not available for this position. Only candidates in the immediate geographic area (50 mile radius) will be considered.
- Ability to work with diverse groups, manage people, and coordinate/direct work of contractors.
- Demonstrated Knowledge of ISO standards, industry regulations / processes related to EHS (e.g. OSHA, ISO 14001, MESH, VPP, etc.)
- Ability to drive process improvements, get results, and drive change through others
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Required working knowledge and experience with computers
- Experience in ISO certified Manufacturing assembly environment.
- Experience with day-to-day application of Federal and state laws, OSHA and EPA regulations as well as MESH and worker's compensation.
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing (total Productive Maintenance).
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Professional certification recommended (Certified Safety Professional, Certified Industrial Hygienist, Certified Hazardous Materials Manager, or Certified Fire Protection Specialist)
- Knowledge of electrical safety
- Experience working with or driving and ergonomics program
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Environmental Health & Safety
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CPD ICD Industrial Controls Division
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time