Senior Systems Test Engineer
Eaton’s Critical Power Solutions Division is currently seeking a Senior Systems Test Engineer to join our team! This position is based at our Raleigh, NC facility.
The Senior Systems Test Engineer leads multi-disciplined product performance testing of new power system designs. This role will involve the analysis of product requirements to design and implement test methods and software tools used in product pre-launch validation of new power conversion products and accessories. As a member of the New Product Validation Engineering team, this position will collaborate with a range of engineering disciplines to meet their objectives.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will develop project test plans to ensure system compliance to specifications, regulatory and customer requirements
- You will develop Windows based software test tools for use in the evaluation of power systems and accessories
- You will implement test plans through both direct involvement and guidance of test technicians
- You will support electrically safe work environment for self and others
- You will review and approve test reports to ensure product compliance
- You will ensure closure of product design issues & specification non-conformances
- You will provide feedback to project teams on test activities, open issues and project schedule
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 5 years of experience implementing product test methods
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in common programming languages LabView, C#/C++, and Python or similar scripting languages.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Master’s degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering from an accredited institution
- Multiphase electrical power systems, parameters and terminology
- Typical electronics measuring systems and applications such as oscilloscopes, multi-meters, data-loggers, dielectric analyzers, etc.
- Proficient with current testing technology, tools, and practices
- Programming Data Structures and Algorithms
- Must have excellent written and oral communications skills and be proficient in preparation of formal test procedures and reports
- Test platform development with NI Teststand or other test executive
- Hardware in the loop real time emulation and related test development
- Use of Matlab/Simulink modeling and simulation tools
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PQD CPS Critical Power Solutions
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time