Finance & Compliance Manager
EATON Corporation has an opening for a:
Finance & Compliance Manager
Location: Coignieres, FR
Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment. We make what matters work. Find out more on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
Do you want to work for a global player, where we care about ethics, inclusion and diversity and our people?
This position leads the team responsible for all statutory, legal and fiscal accounting & reporting requirements for Eaton’s legal entities in France & North Africa. The role is based in France.
The role provides financial leadership on statutory accounting/audits, corporation, income tax and indirect tax accounting for the countries. The incumbent ensures end to end process improvements are driven across all countries, partnering with other process stakeholders to improve process efficiency, effectiveness and internal control and is a proactive business partner to Operations in the assigned countries, enabling the business Finance team to focus on business issues.
This position is responsible for building organizational capability within the EMEA Finance team and to provide a leadership role. This function will closely operate with various Corporate Departments (Tax, Treasury, Accounting, Legal, others), the Global Financial Accounting teams, ISSC, and Operating divisions in the above countries. The position also handles day-to day contact with external auditors and other advisors as required.
The incumbent is responsible for areas associated with internal controls, internal and external audit, statutory reporting and financial advice in its countries and for ensuring compliance with Corporate Policy and legal requirements; This position is responsible for successful liaison among audit, WHQ/EHQ accounting, treasury, tax, legal and operations on matters involving both U.S. reporting and the differing local statutory accounting and tax compliance requirements within the cluster.
The role may include Board representation on Eaton subsidiaries in country.
- Ensures that all financial reporting for Group, statutory and fiscal accounts within the assigned countries are prepared timely, efficiently and accurately in compliance with US and local GAAP, corporate policies, legal and fiscal regulations and within Eaton’s framework of norms and business philosophy
- Identifies & shares best practices across the countries. Drives end to end process standardization. Identifies standard process deviation, process inefficiency/ineffectiveness and opportunities for process improvement. Provide guidance & advices to Operations/Shared Services for Corporate / compliance matters.
- Deploys EMEA Compliance Framework in assigned countries, ensuring adherence across Eaton locations. Ensures a ‘risk inventory’ is taken for each country, deploying the standard ‘risk inventory’ process and ensuring satisfactory mitigation of risks identified. Ensures country reviews are executed in compliance with the standard country review process and issues are reported to the Finance leadership.
- Deploy, monitor and ensures compliance to US GAAP, local GAAP, corporate policy, WHQ/EHQ guidelines internal control, compliance and risk frameworks and other requirements. Plan, control and coordinate to ensure current and future corporate and regulatory requirements are identified and complied within a timely and cost effective manner. Actively maintains the control environment and executes Balance Sheet Reviews (as per Financial policy) and ensures Corporate ledgers in countries perform monthly balance sheet reconciliations and reviews.
- Provide accounting leadership, oversight, training, advice and assistance to other Corporate teams and Operations in accordance with US GAAP, local GAAP, Corporate Policy, internal control, auditing, tax and treasury requirements.
- Interacts with Tax and Treasury EMEA to deploy and execute effective plans for the assigned countries.
- Supports internal audit activity and communicates lessons learned to improve internal control and develop organizational capability.
- Provide liaison and facilitation between Operations, external auditors, tax advisors and EHQ functions in country on financial accounting and operating matters.
- Provide project management in a wide range of activity, including systems implementation, technical accounting issues, VAT, fiscal matters, compliance and control, in accordance with risk management objectives.
- Leadership and management of the financial compliance team in France, day to day people management; provide environment for enhanced personal and professional development.
- Ensures ethical standards are maintained and provides guidance, training and education of accounting professionals as required.
- Professional qualification/degree in accounting required (CPA or MBA preferred)
- At least 6 years of relevant working experience
- Significant experience in finance/ accounting/ auditing within a multinational (manufacturing) company
- Excellent knowledge and experience in French statutory reporting requirements and act as go-to point
- Solid understanding of US GAAP; exposure to Sarbanes Oxley & IFRS
- Sound practical knowledge of corporate income tax /indirect taxes
- Knowledge of data processing on financial systems; Oracle &/or SAP knowledge a strong pro
- Professional presence and leadership skills
- Building organizational capability; effective manager and developer of teams
- Ability to operate at a senior level in collaboration with diverse internal and external executives
- Excellent working knowledge of English and French languages
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to operate and deliver independently without day to day supervision
Then we want to hear about you!
What Eaton offers:
- Great promotional opportunities – We encourage internal promotion, whenever possible
- Excellent working environment – safety and ethic are really important for us
- Learning & Development - We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time