Senior Human Resources Generalist
Eaton’s Power Systems division is currently seeking a Sr. Human Resources Generalist to join our team.This position is based at our Waukesha, WI Badger Dr. facility.
The HR Senior Generalist position will provide a broad range of HR support to business objectives, strategic goals, and human resource initiatives for an assigned client group at the Badger Dr Plant. The individual in this role will be assigned responsibility for production and salary employee population in areas such as employee relations, staffing, coaching, guidance, payroll administration, and other HR initiatives.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
You will deploy HR policies, practices and programs to manage talent, drive the culture, and align the organization for the Badger Dr plant.
- You will support day to day employee relations issues. Coach and counsel employees, front line leaders on employee relations matters. Maintain a consistent process for dispute resolution between employees and/or management.
- You will ensure data integrity in all HR systems with timely and accurate entry and gather data through HR technology systems.
- You will conduct investigations and recommend and facilitate resolution.
- You will own designated projects and actions to accomplish the overall goals and objectives of Human Resources Department
- You will support the recruitment process for open salary & hourly positions and assist in the selection and promotion process of the workforce, as needed.
- You will oversee leaves of absences; worker’s compensation claims; maintaining compliance to applicable labor laws. You will maintain and assist in executing affirmative action and EEO plans to meet federal, state and corporate guidelines
- You will ensure plant compliance with governmental regulations pertaining to Affirmative Action, Americans with Disabilities Act and Family Medical Leave Act
Perform other duties and responsibilities as requested or required.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required
- Minimum of two (2) years of HR generalist experience with at least two (2) years in a manufacturing environment
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- No relocation benefit will be provided. All candidates must reside within a 50 mile radius of the facility to be considered.
- Master’s degree in Human Resources, labor Relations or Business Administration
- At least 3+ years of human resources generalist experience in a manufacturing environment
- PHR or SPHR Certification
- Ability to influence and impact others’ decision making
- Coaching/Facilitation/Conflict Management skills
- Experience with positive employee relations and programs
- Knowledge of HR compliance and legal issues
- Excellent verbal, written, and analytical skills
- Must have high level of discretion and ability to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately
- Ability to understand, interpret and easily communicate and align policies and practices to the Eaton Philosophy & Values and Code of Ethics
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Human Resources
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PDD Power Delivery Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time