Lead International Accounting Analyst
Eaton’s Corporate International Accounting Team is seeking a Lead Analyst. The Lead Analyst will be based at our Beachwood, OH Headquarters.
Reporting to the manager of international accounting, this position will provide monthly analysis
and accounting related to international entities and foreign exchange results as part of the closing and reporting process. This position will work with global controllers to understand and ensure accuracy of foreign exchange results as well as provide accounting support to international Eaton locations.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will prepare reports for senior leaders, the Board of Directors, and external SEC filings.
- You will analyze foreign exchange results for Eaton’s global organization to be used monthly by senior management. You will collaborate with international controllers and the Treasury team on foreign exchange to provide underlying factors impacting reported results.
- You will serve as a corporate controller by preparing monthly journal entries, reviewing monthly account balances, performing quarterly account reconciliations and letters of representation.
- You will participate in various cross-functional projects and prepare accounting guidance to record transactions in accordance with US GAAP.
- You will be responsible for reporting on less than fully-owned entities (non-controlling interests and joint ventures).
- You will review and publish official month end foreign exchange rates used by Eaton controllers and financial systems.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and/or Finance from an accredited institution
- Minimum of three (3) years of accounting and/or finance experience
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within a 50 mile radius of the Beachwood, OH facility will be considered
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- Experience using Oracle, SAP, and/or HFM
- Strong working knowledge of US GAAP, including foreign exchange and translation accounting
- Advanced Excel skills
- Accounting experience in a Global Environment
- Ability to complete and follow up on multiple critical projects simultaneously and provide accurate results in a timely manner
- Strong team player
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to improve processes
- Ability to implement new accounting policies or systems
- Strong attention to detail
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No