Senior Financial Analyst - FED Division
Eaton’s Aerospace Fluid & Electrical Distribution division is seeking a Senior Financial Analyst in the Jackson, MI location.
This position serves as the Sr. Financial Analyst for the Aerospace Group's Fluid & Electrical Distribution Division (FED). This position is responsible for performing all accounting functions, financial reporting, and analysis for FED and the Interconnect & Power Conversion (IPC) plants. This includes performing month end closing and forecasting requirements, variance analysis, commentary and leading profit planning activities. This position provides accurate, timely advice and guidance to the IPC management teams including departmental budget analysis, inventory reporting, and cost analysis. This position also supports ensuring compliance with established Corporate/Industrial Sector/Aerospace requirements; and supports activities ensuring conformance to Corporate Policies, legal requirements, Sarbanes-Oxley, and GAAP. The Sr. Financial Analyst requires a high level of problem solving skills and the ability to communicate effectively across functional lines. The position reports to the Financial Planning and Analysis Manager for FED.
- Prepare, analyze, interpret, and comment on IPC consolidated financial results and forecasts monthly
- Understand key drivers impacting business performance to clearly articulate and highlight in the financial analysis and in standard commentary and reporting.
- Perform financial planning and analysis activities for key yearly processes (annual profit plan, strategic plan, standard cost roll, etc.)
- Prepare various ad hoc analytical studies both proactively and at the request of FED FP&A Manager, the Finance Director or FED Senior Leadership Team.
- Support development of new procedures and process improvements to enhance financial control and reporting, maintaining an atmosphere of continuous improvement
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting for monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting requirements
- Demonstrate leadership and active participation in cross-functional teams across Business Units and the broader FED Division to drive profitability and process improvements.
- Ensure compliance with established Corporate policies, SOX and GAAP
- Establish and document standard work for all standard processes
- Support the review of Capital Appropriation Requests submitted for approval.
Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance from an accredited institution
Minimum 3 years' experience in an accounting or finance role
This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Experience within the manufacturing industry and/or Aerospace industry preferred
Previous audit/internal controls/SOX experience a plus
Working Knowledge and understanding of Encore/DFT
Oracle or other ERP experience along with advanced Microsoft skills preferred
Government Accounting and Reporting experience preferred
- Limited travel may be required (<10%)
Opportunity to gain exposure to and work with many cross functional teams
Comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time