Engineering Manager - Industrial and Airport Lighting
Job Title: Engineering Manager # 066415
If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team - winning is fun.
We are looking forward to Engineering Manager in Eaton’s electrical business, based in Pune, India.
In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals.
This exciting role is for Engineering Manager - EX, Industrial and Airport Lighting to lead & manage an engineering team on design and development of Harsh and Hazardous Area products for US and EMEA markets. He/she will be responsible for driving a culture of innovation, learning & continuous improvement while executing the projects which include NPI, NTI, VAVE and sustaining engineering projects. He/ she will be responsible for creating & implementing the roadmap for developing capabilities in line with the strategic plan over the next few years. He/she will be directly responsible for building organizational capability and required technical expertise including and not limited to Mechanical design, Software Design, Electrical and Electronics (hardware & firmware). He/She will be responsible for hiring, retaining and grooming talent to deliver high performance.
Drive growth & accelerate capability development in line with strategy. Lead efforts to enrich PDLC experience and gain end to end ownership on focus areas.
B. Provide tactical and strategic direction for product development in Crouse Hinds Division. Provide technical leadership to the team to execute projects and make day to day engineering decisions.
C. Lead cross functional/ multi-disciplinary team in making technology/ engineering decisions in line with division’s strategy and future growth plans.
D. Recruit and retain a team of engineers to provide product development and engineering services to the global engineering needs
E. Manage and develop people: identify, attract and develop key engineering talent for the organization. Champion continuous process improvements to support the Eaton Business System; APEX, Employee Survey, EBEA, and DFSS
F. Monitor progress and achievements on projects. Provide regular reports on development and support activities.
H. Develops an understanding of both technology and product concepts and is able to articulate product and Hardware design . Ensures quality of delivery in accordance with the plan adhering to the standard practices used as per DFSS.
If you are:
Required: Bachelor’s / Master’s Degree in Mechanical/Electronics/Electrical Engineering
- Minimum 10 years of experience in the field of product design and development for electrical applications with experience in leadership and people management.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills. A high degree of aptitude, creativity, and self-direction is required. Proven experience on Talent management (Hire, Develop, Retain), resource allocation and project management.
- Sound technical knowledge and experience in design and development of product lines such as lighting controls, communication devices, smart electronics products, home automation, switches and receptacles, power distribution, protection and control products and relevant product standards like UL, IEC & NEC.
- Extensive experience of full Hardware development life cycle including requirements management, design, development, verification & validation, qualification & certification testing in Electrical / Industrial applications.
- Hands on experience in defining the system / subsystem specifications, designing the system architecture and requirements for complex systems.
- Demonstrated product execution from concept through commercialization on at least 2 projects of medium technical complexity involving concept generation, POC, Verification, validation and certification as per global standards.
- Should have good knowledge on different product design tools environment like CAD- PRO E, Solid works or E-CAD, LT Spice, PS Spice, Model sim, Cadence, Jama, Jira etc and FEA tools as required for product design and development.
- Hands on experience on various Communication protocols like RS232, SPI, I2C, Ethernet, wireless etc
- Good knowledge on PCB design guidelines for SI, high speed design & EMI/EMC.
- Experience collaborating with local / global suppliers for prototype developments, external labs for testing etc.
- Knowledge on IoT Products, Artificial Intelligent, Machine Learning would be added advantage.
- Knowledge of FAA/TP312/ICAO Standards, Hazardous Area would be added advantage.
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
*We make what matters work.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day.
It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential - and where you can help us reach ours. Need more about Eaton? Come on in @ www.eaton.com.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time