Field Quality Engineer
Eaton’s Lighting division is currently seeking a Field Quality Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our Peachtree, GA facility.
The Field Quality engineer is responsible for communicating with Agents, Factories, Customer Service Reps, and contractors on a daily basis to resolve technical Post Sales Customer Issues while maintaining detailed job files in the SAP quality module.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will coordinate the activities of internal departments (Manufacturing, Engineering, and Finance) with contractors in the field as needed to drive resolution of customer problems in a timely manner.
- You will create and maintain detailed job files in the SAP quality module.
- You will negotiate and Review field labor issues to determine validity prior to payment authorization.
- You will review BOM’s and purchase orders for errors.
- You will review customer Return Material Requests through Electricals Testing and Analysis to approve/deny according to established procedures.
- You will travel to job sites to diagnose issues and document root cause and options for resolution.
- You will generate and track replacement orders and communicate resolution strategy.
- You will communicate Quality Issues through Analytical Data and Reports to Divisional and Manufacturing Quality Teams.
- You will analyze requests to determine the root cause or collaborate with engineering team to achieve resolution.
- You will research questions and problems using available information resources.
- You will escalate project roadblocks and work to resolve issues to bring projects to closure.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in a customer facing role.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience working with electrical or electronic products.
- Relocation assistance is not available for this position. Only candidates within a 50 miles radius of Peachtree City will be considered.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- 1 year experience supporting Lighting products
- Team player showing self-motivation, requiring minimal direct supervision.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks, remain focused and reach a resolution.
- Experience with leading Structured problem solving activities (8D)
- Proficient knowledge of Windows Operating Systems and Microsoft Office.
- Well-developed analytic ability and troubleshooting skills.
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills.
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com. At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG LD Lighting Division
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time