Electrical Test Maintenance - 1st Shift
Eaton’s Electrical division is currently seeking an Electrical Test Maintenance Technician on 1st Shift. This position is based at our Raleigh, NC facility.
This position will work closely with Test supervisor, Test Engineering, testers and facilities team to support test initiatives, including but not limited to utility equipment maintenance, modifications and repairs of electrical systems and components.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
You will specify, install, troubleshoot and repair electrical systems and electronic components following electrical codes, manuals, schematic diagrams, blueprints, and other specifications, using hand tools, power tools, and electrical and electronic test equipment.
You will manage spare parts inventory for electrical components supporting the entire facility.
You will requisition parts, materials, labor and support to complete job tasks.
You will schedule maintenance tasks, including time, parts, and other materials used to complete tasks.
You will lead electrical safety programs – Electrical Safe Work Practices, ARC Flash, NFP70E and Energy Control for Lockout Tagout compliance.
You will lead and/or manage special projects as necessary
You will schedule contingent workers and contractors for specialty assignments and provides direction to ensure additional facilities support
You will fabricate replacement parts as needed for test equipment and machinery
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- 2 years associates degree in electronics from an accredited institution
- 1 year of Breaker Maintenance and repairs
- A minimum of 1 year of experience in 3-Phase Power Distribution.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship on an ongoing basis.
- No relocation provided. Candidates must reside within 60 miles of Raleigh, NC to be considered.
- Ability to work extended hours covering multiple shifts as required.
- Ability to use good judgment and problem solving skills in a proactive manner.
- Excellent knowledge of basic preventative maintenance skills including but not limited to: electrical components, identifying trouble areas such as excess wear and fatigue and general understanding of a preventative maintenance programs supporting electrical systems and utility distribution.
- Good oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of hand tools and maintenance shop equipment
- Plan and layout preventive maintenance procedures
- Certified electrician
- Strong knowledge of electrical systems and devices
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, maintenance software such as “Facility Dude”.
- Demonstrated use of Lean Manufacturing tools – Preventative Maintenance Programs.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: ESSG PQD OPS Operations
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No