Eaton’s B-Line Division is seeking an Operations Manager to join our team. The Operations Manager will be based at our Worcester, MA facility.
As the Operations Manager, you will be responsible for managing, directing, planning and coordinating (through Manufacturing Supervisors & Team Leads) the manufacturing activities of both feeder and assembly sections in order to meet plant objectives, and sales goals.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will manage, direct, plan and coordinate (through Manufacturing Supervisors, & Team Leads) the manufacturing activities of both feeder and assembly sections in order to meet plant objectives, and sales goals.
- You will determine effect of production load changes on plant operations. Take action(s) to adjust capacities (labor and/or equipment) to meet production requirements.
- You will review plant-operating practices insuring that both production and quality standards are maintained/enhanced.
- You will assure appropriate working climate by maintaining proper discipline, morale and employee relations. Advise, guide, and counsel employees in relation to company benefits, plant policy and regulations, employee programs, wage administration and plant objectives.
- You will through regular contact with Plant Manager and his staff, participate in planning and/or decision making in matters concerning financial and operational problems, inventory control, plant policy and facility/maintenance issues and staffing.
- You will recommend budgets and control expenditures. Recommend wage or salary adjustments.
- You will operate and organize facilities and equipment in line with company policies and procedures. You will enforce safe practice standards maintaining a clean work environment.
- You will support the identification, development, and drive implementation of new manufacturing methods, equipment, material planning, quality improvement, and Lean and Six Sigma methods.
- You will lead 150-200 employees through front line supervisors the production of standard and engineered to order products resulting in $50M-80M in annual sales.
- When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution is required.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in an Operations or Manufacturing environment.
- Minimum 2 years of leadership experience.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Business
- Master’s degree or MBA from an accredited institution.
- Experience with Lean/Six Sigma.
- Experience leading Continuous Improvement initiatives.
- Direct managerial experience within Operations or Manufacturing environment.
- Highly prefer experience utilizing DMM
- An applied working knowledge and experience with manufacturing procedures/practices, Lean/Six Sigma, safety and quality assurance, Manufacturing/Industrial Engineering, Inventory Control, Purchasing and Production Planning.
- Must possess persuasive skills required of human relations and leadership style driving accountability.
- Must be able to express ideas clearly to direct, motivate and train subordinates.
- Must be able to communicate clearly to management, professionals, exempt and non-exempt employees in all matters concerning production, quality, safety, product design, etc. to insure that manufacturing objectives are met.
- Experienced with Visual Management systems
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com. At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG BLD WL WrightLine
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time