Robotic Weld Machine Operator - 2nd Shift
Eaton is seeking a Robotic Weld Machine Operator to join our team on 2nd shift, starting at $19.40/hour, depending on experience. The position is based at our Waukesha (Badger Drive), WI facility.
The operator is responsible for the set up and operation of the fin folder, spot welder, and seam welder machines as well as inspection and repair of the final product. Operator works from daily release sheet, production orders, blueprints and special instructions from supervisor or team leader. Operator is responsible for setting up the fin folder machine tooling and replacing consumables such as weld wire, nozzles, and spot welder tips. Must be able to read blueprints and use various measuring devices (tape measure, square, etc.) and be capable of working with a minimal amount of supervision. The operator will perform repairs on 16ga mild and stainless steel using either a TIG welder or a Cold Metal Transfer (CMT) welder depending on the application.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright individuals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
You will coordinate the daily release and sequences the release in the most efficient manner for production.
- You will unload coil steel from trucks and locate material with proper identification attached and turn receiving paperwork into office.
- You will load coils on reel and thread coil from payoff reel.
- You will make appropriate tooling changes to set up machine, making necessary operating adjustments.
- You will activate machine for programmed cycle, enter program sequences for omitted or non-programmed special runs, and clear machine when malfunctions occur.
- You will oversee operation of automated cold metal transfer welding units and be responsible for changing out consumables and making necessary adjustments to equipment and gases.
- You will check finished pieces against print for correct forming and welding specifications.
- You will be responsible for the inventory of supplies for the work center.
- You will dispose of all scrap steel into dumpsters outside of building.
Why work at Eaton? Below are a few of the Outstanding benefits we offer:
Competitive Pay, Benefits start on day one, Vacation time, Employee Discounts, Retirement benefits, Paid Parental Leave, Educational Assistance Program and many more!
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Must have completed High School Diploma/GED from an accredited institution.
- 1 year of manufacturing experience.
- Successfully complete Eaton’s Cooper Power Systems weld test.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Only candidates residing within (50 miles) of facility will be considered for this position.
- Associates degree or certification in robotic welding.
- 3 years of manufacturing experience.
Position Success Criteria:
Ability to successfully complete Eaton’s Power Systems weld test with a score greater or equal to 80%.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PDD Power Delivery Division
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No