Eaton’s Electrical Product Group is seeking a North America Commercial Liquidity Manager for its Crouse Hinds Division. The North America Commercial Liquidity Manager position will be located at its Syracuse, NY facility.
This position is accountable for the effective management of operating cash and liquidity of Eaton’s Crouse-Hinds North America business including credit, collection, and the accounts receivable strategy of maximizing cash flow and minimizing risk. This position will serve as the Relationship Manager between Crouse-Hinds and several of its largest customers. The incumbent must have an understanding of Treasury practices with regard to bank account administration, hedging, and cash management. The position is actively involved in the project management of larger and more complex orders with regard to commercial Terms and Conditions, liquidated damages and retainage, direct customer engagement on matters of shipment and scheduling, and payment terms and letters of credit. This position reports to the Director of Finance, Crouse-Hinds and participates as a member of the Director of Finance’s staff in short and long-term planning, problem solving and financial policy formulation.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours
- You will direct day-to-day operation of Accounts Receivable function in accordance with Company policies and procedure to ensure properly maintained customer accounts and the timely and accurate flow of financial data to customers.
- You will manage a large, complex Customer rebate program and interacts regularly with the Pricing, Sales, and Customer Service organizations in this regard. Split across 4 teams today (AR, EPNA, Pricing, Customer Service).
- You will actively engage in the evaluation, establishment and approval of customer credit limits. You will provide management insight on industry trends in customer’s payment patterns, potential business failures and other credit problem areas.
- You will be responsible for month end close process, inclusive of reconciliation and analysis of account balances, interaction with credit leads and controllers on actual versus expected performance, and communication of results to management.
- You will be responsible for monthly forecast and annual Profit Plan with regard to Accounts Receivable.
- You will interact with the Regional Financial Shared Service organizations as it relates to the collection of accounts receivable, root cause identification and analysis, and risk mitigation.
- You will monitor compliance with Corporate’s Credit and Treasury policies across North America.
- You will oversee North America efforts with regard to the measurement, forecast and control of foreign currency exposure and actively serves as liaison with Eaton’s Treasury department.
- You will actively participate on the Customer Service Council with a focus on the root cause analysis of customer deductions to improve customer satisfaction.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we- as individuals and as a company – are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business or Finance from an accredited institution
- Minimum five (5) years of accounting and/or finance experience
- Minimum two (2) years of direct leadership experience
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Advanced degree or CPA certification
- 5 years of accounting and/or finance experience in a manufacturing environment
- 3 years of direct leadership experience
- Knowledge of SAP, HFM, Encore, (or similar systems) plus Microsoft Office.
- Experience in Credit or Treasury
- Persuasive written and verbal communication skills and organization skills are critical. Experience in presenting and discussing financial information is also required.
- Must work well in a fast-paced changing environment and work well under time constraints.
- Must have demonstrated experience in building and directing teams, leadership toward consensus and an ability to work with different cultures.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CHD EP Americas
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time