Tool Design Engineer
Eaton’s Vehicle Group is currently seeking a Tool Design Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our Belmond, IA facility.
The Tool Design Engineer is responsible for new tooling designs, job instructions & other process information using AutoCAD and Visual Basic based design software. In this role, you will represent Quality/Tool Design on the shop floor and in necessary meetings analyzing and interpreting processing problems throughout the manufacturing process and implementing necessary actions for resolution.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will interact with divisional engineering as required to determine manufacturing capabilities and resolve problems
- You will design and assist with prototype layouts for Eaton product and sales engineering, i.e. the effects of stack-up of processing tolerances affecting the customer print, Eaton finish print, and manufacturing processing
- You will edit Design Programs. This will include making revisions to the program and some writing of new code
- You will participate in production meetings as needed to provide a support function from a design perspective
- You will work with manufacturing engineering to develop new processes to improve the quality of our parts, or to develop production tools or tooling fixtures to improve capability and/or reduce cost
- You will assist with costing for new products
- You will assist with and writes new CNC programs for forge tooling and production equipment
- You will work with Quality group to align product design with quality capabilities
- You will create new and make changes to existing part routings and bills of material (BOM) using Oracle ERP system.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required OR Bachelor’s degree to be obtained by May 2019
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship, now or in the future
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Engineering Technology, or related degree with computer programming training from an accredited institution
- Demonstrated computer skills: Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Powerpoint), AutoCAD, AutoCAD Inventor
- Knowledge of CNC programming using Fanuc machine code.
- Knowledge of Visual Basic (VB6) programming
- Understanding of statistical process control and other quality methods used to control processes.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skill
Position Success Criteria:
- Demonstrated technical knowledge of valve design, manufacturing process, and blueprint reading
- Fundamental knowledge of forging and machining.
- Ability to convert engineering drawings for engine valves into production process documentation
- Strong technical communication skills to communicate with all levels of the organization
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH NAA North America Auto
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time