Design Engineer - Mechanical
Design Engineer – Mechanical # 066329
If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team - winning is fun.
We are looking forward to an Design Engineer – Mechanical in Eaton’s MTL business, based inChennai, India.
In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals.
This exciting role is part of Eaton’s MTL business.
Your essential responsibilities:
- This person will work as part of the product development team providing the mechanical design required for our products.
- This person will have experience of designing systems that are required to maintain high tolerances over a wide operating range, using calculations or FEA modeling to predict performance.
- This person will also work with the rest of the team to measure and test the performance of designs
- Design Industrial Electronic products for applications in Process Industries and Industrial loops
- Develop the interfaces between the electronic and mechanical parts of the system.
- Qualifying certification aspects of the product and apply the same while development
- Understand and apply specific design techniques for low and high volume manufacturing
- Bring in best practice from other parts of the company and from outside the company to avoid unnecessary learning cycles.
- Develop prototypes of the new product for manufacturing
- Support to production team in relation for sustaining the product manufacturing
If you are:
- Bachelor of Engineering- Mechanical
- Hardware design experience of 2 to 4 years.
- 3D modelling & Tool design skills – both Plastics & Sheet metal.
- Skills in GD&T, Material properties of Engineering Polymers & Sheet metals,
- Compliance to standards (Eg: UL, Flammability, Ingress Protection etc.)
- Thermal modelling & Simulation.
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
*We make what matters work.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day.
It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential - and where you can help us reach ours. Need more about Eaton? Come on in @ www.eaton.com.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: EPG CHD MTL Measurement Technology Limited
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time